This Mandarin Orange Pineapple Vanilla Pudding Salad is a fun twist on traditional fruit salad. It uses pudding instead of mayonnaise and instantly becomes a delicious creamy treat. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! I love cooking and I love presenting works of art on my dining table. Are you tired of the usual salad at home? Then try this Mandarin Orange Pineapple Vanilla Pudding Salad. I guarantee that it will leave a lasting impression on your family and friends!
WAYS TO SERVE THIS ORANGE PINEAPPLE FLUFF SALAD;
- Combine with ham or other roast meats when serving.
- Include in a Christmas brunch feast.
- Serve as a light snack or dessert.
Orange Pineapple Fluff Salad
This orange pineapple fluff salad pairs perfectly with ham or any other meats on the dinner table, a holiday brunch spread or even as a light dessert!
Keywordeasy sweet sides, sweet side dish
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Total Time1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, NOT drained
- 1 pkg. 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups frozen whipped topping such as Cool Whip, thawed
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in large bowl until well blended.
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour.
If you want to lighten this up a bit, you can use sugar-free instant pudding mix and a lighter Cool Whip such as Cool Whip Free.
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Sodium: 182mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 23g
Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad Recipe
How To Make Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
This fruit salad in a delicious vanilla pudding mix will please both the sight and the palate. Create a delicious serving in about 10 minutes!
- Preparation:10 minutes
- Chill Time:30 minutes
- Total:40 minutes
- 30ozpeaches,(2 cans), sliced
- 11ozmandarin orange segments,(1 can)
- 15ozpineapple chunks,(1 can)
- 1green apple,cored, diced
- 1½cupspurple grapes
- 2tbspinstant vanilla pudding mix
- lime; zest it.
- Pour the juice from one of the peach cans into a large bowl, then toss in the pudding mix.
- Drain the remainder of the pineapple pieces, mandarin oranges, and peaches from the can. The juices should be set away for future use.
- The pudding mixture should now include peaches, oranges, pineapple, and lime zest. Stir gently to mix.
- Serve after chilling for at least 30 minutes.
- Calories: 122.81kcal
- Fat: 0.53g
- Saturated Fat: 0.07g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.09g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.17g
- Carbohydrates: 31.03g
- Fiber: 4.37g
- Sugar: 23.27g
- Protein: 1.84g
- Sodium: 25.64mg
- Calcium: 30.04mg
- Potassium: 401.77mg
- Iron: 0.64mg
- Vitamin A: 18.07µg
- Vitamin C: 56.04mg
FROG EYE SALAD
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
chill time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 20 MINUTES
YIELD: 20 SERVINGS
Frog Eye Salad is creamy, fruity, and feeds a crowd. Made easy with vanilla pudding, whipped topping, acini di pepe, canned fruit, coconut & marshmallows. PRINT
- 1 1/4 cup Acini Di Pepe (small round pasta)
- 1-2 tsp salt, for cooking water
- 2 (11oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained (save juice*)
- 1 small (4-serving) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or combination of milk & pineapple juice from the tidbits – see notes)
- 2 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- In salted water, prepare the acini di pepe as directed on the packaging (1-2 tsp). Pasta should be drained and rinsed in a fine mesh strainer with cold water until it is cool to the touch. Place aside.
- Fruit tins should be drained; keep the pineapple juice.
- For a sweeter salad, combine the dry pudding mix with milk or milk and the saved pineapple juice in a large dish to make 112 cups liquid (see notes). Until mixed, whisk. Put the pudding in the freezer or refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes to stiffen it up.
- After the pudding has set, fold the whipped topping in. Add the fruit, coconut, marshmallows, and cooked pasta. Gently fold. To absorb all the ingredients and give it a fluffy texture, cover and chill for a minimum of two hours. Offer cold. Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Making Pineapple Fluff is like creating a bowl of pure, creamy comfort! This creamy fluff uses crushed pineapple as its centerpiece and is really simple to make, requiring only 5 basic ingredients. Prepare a bowlful to bring to potlucks or family meals as a side dish or dessert. — Because everyone can enjoy its creamy delight.
You’re familiar with the whipped cream, marshmallows, pudding mix, and fruit-filled “salads” that are really more like desserts. We just seem to adore them all, whether it’s the traditional orange fluff, green (pistachio) fluff, traditional seafoam salad, or the less well-known peach fluff.
And even while I absolutely adore them all, this creamy pineapple fluff is by far my favorite. Although pineapple is a key ingredient in many traditional fluff recipes, it typically serves as a filler. — It doesn’t really stand out as a flavor but is blended in to give the fluff substance.
But the pineapple itself is given the chance to shine in this plain and simple Pineapple Fluff! I also adore it.
Whip up a bowlful as a side dish or dessert, and serve it up at potlucks or family dinners. — This creamy deliciousness is perfect for them all.
A little strangely, lemon instant pudding serves as the pudding component in this recipe for pineapple fluff. Given this, you may anticipate that the lemon flavor would dominate the fluff and drown out the pineapple. — However, it doesn’t. The fluff’s pineapple flavor is somehow enhanced by the mild lemon flavor, which doesn’t in the least overpower it. The end result is a fantastically flavorful fluff that our family likes.
Now, if you like, you can substitute the lemon for vanilla instant pudding and still have a delicious Pineapple Fluff. While all versions taste fantastic, we prefer pineapple fluff served with lemon pudding. (But trust me, if you offered us a bowl of the thing made with vanilla pudding, we wouldn’t refuse it.)
Prepare a bowlful to bring to potlucks or family meals as a side dish or dessert. — For all of them, this creamy Pineapple Fluff is ideal.
What’s to Love About This Recipe?
- Creamy comfort – Its mix of crushed pineapple, Cool Whip, lemon pudding mix, and marshmallows just screams pure creamy comfort in a bowl.
- Fabulous flavor – The recipe’s crushed pineapple and lemon pudding work together beautifully to create one fabulously-flavored fluff, for sure.
- Just 5 ingredients – Five very simple ingredients is all it takes to whip up a delicious batch of creamy Pineapple Fluff.
- Ridiculously easy – Can you open a can and stir? — Then you can make Pineapple Fluff! This one, my friends, is truly ridiculously easy.