Crispy Parmesan Chicken With Ritz Crackers is the perfect easy and delicious weeknight meal. It’s easy, cheesy, chicken thighs baked to crispy perfection and served with a side of carrots for a healthy and balanced weeknight meal.
Chicken Parmesan is a great dinner dish to make for your kids and to serve the whole family. Chicken Parmesan goes great served with vegetable and you can top it off with some marinara sauce.
Parmesan Chicken With Ritz Crackers
In your mouth melting Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken is just as moist as fried chicken, but baking it in the oven is just as simple! Greek yogurt holds in all the fluids during baking, while Ritz or any other butter cracker and parmesan cheese produce a crispy, golden brown crust!
My feelings about baked chicken!
You guys, this is the first baked chicken recipe I’ve added to this blog. To be honest, we don’t eat chicken very often. When we do we almost always use My Best 3 Ingredient Grilled Chicken recipe. Baked chicken usually seems rubbery and dry to me…not with this chicken though!
When I tell you this chicken recipe is completely melt in your mouth, ultra moist, and has spot on flavors that’s really saying something. Because my family isn’t the biggest baked chicken fans in the world! They gobbled this one right up!
This one is a must try chicken recipe!
Planning meals with reduced carbs.
Do you serve a starch as a side dish with practically every meal, please?
We’ve been attempting to moderate our carb intake, and for me, it’s been a major adjustment. Every meal I eat now includes either Easy Parmesan & Garlic Dinner Rolls, Simple Parmesan, Spinach, and Lemon Orzo, or Loaded Crash Potatoes. The good things, that is!
In fact, one of my favorite foods is vegetables, which are frequently included with every meal. Veggies WITH carbohydrates. not merely vegetables. I’m finding it difficult to adjust to eating twice as much vegetables and avoiding carbohydrates.
I know Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken isn’t 100% keto friendly or carb free, but it’s close (I think) and that’s good enough for me! It’s completely scrumptious served with a cripsy green salad! With this recipe I didn’t really even miss those taters…at least not too bad!
How do I make ultra moist baked chicken?
Greek yogurt in its purest form is the key to keeping the chicken in this dish incredibly moist. Each chicken breast should be generously covered in pure Greek yogurt.
Two advantages result from doing this. The chicken breasts will first become more soft as a result. Although I’m not sure of the science behind it, I’ve heard that it works. Second, it aids in keeping the chicken’s internal juices sealed as it bakes. Magic exists!
How do I get a crispy crust on baked chicken?
Roll the chicken in crumbled Ritz crackers, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, and seasonings after coating it in Greek yogurt. Any other brand of buttery crackers is acceptable. Instead, you might take a chance and use any cracker. Goldfish? It must be delicious, I bet!
The following action is crucial! Each chicken breast should have a piece of butter on it. It will contribute to the most wonderful, crispy, golden-brown crust ever! Butter is a guaranteed winner!
What to serve with Ritz Parmesan Baked Chicken?
Well, like I said ealier I have a whole blog full of carb lovers side dishes to serve with this main dish! In the spirit of trying to limit that carby goodness here’s a few healthier, or at least less carby sides!
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Easy Grilled Zucchini Packet
- Marinated Cucumbers
- Tomato Herb Salad
- Buttery Garlic & Bacon Peas (please don’t tell me green peas have loads of carbs because I want to believe they don’t!)
- Dilly Dip and Salad Dressing with a relish tray
- Cheesy Broccoli and Bacon Dip with Celery Sticks or Peppers
RITZ PARMESAN CHICKEN
a flavorful supper that’s quick, simple, and perfect for the whole family!
With a new baby in the house, life has recently been somewhat hectic. She sets the agenda for my life. She also appears to be eating constantly. She is so very adorable, and her adorable tiny cheeks and thighs are proof of that! I set a goal to prepare my hard-working husband a supper every night because I feel like I am just getting used to the pattern.
I absolutely adore discovering meals like these. It comes together so quickly and is ready in under 30 minutes. This chicken has excellent flavor! The chicken was moist and delicious, and the exterior was crunchy with ritz and parmesan. Being so delicious made it difficult to believe it was so simple. It quickly rose to the top of my list of all-time favorite recipes. Everyone in the family adored it. We’ll be making this one again and again!
RITZ PARMESAN CHICKEN
A quick and easy family friendly meal that is packed with flavor and everyone will love!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
AUTHOR: ALYSSA RIVERS
SERVINGS: 4 SERVINGS
- ▢4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- ▢1/4 cup mayonnaise
- ▢1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ▢30 Ritz Crackers about 1 cup, finely crushed
- ▢1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- ▢2 teaspoons basil leaves dried
- A 400 degree oven is recommended. Using foil as a liner and cooking spray as a finishing touch, prepare a baking sheet.
- Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Crushed Ritz crackers, parmesan cheese, and basil are combined in another bowl.
- Before covering them in Ritz crumbs, dredge the chicken in mayonnaise. When the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, place it on the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
The Best Oven Baked Chicken Breasts!
These oven baked chicken breasts combine two of my all time favorite recipes and are made in 5 easy steps! A quick assembly makes them the perfect mid-week meal. Moist and flavorful this chicken has a golden, crunchy, buttery coating.
The most prevalent breed of fowl and one of the most frequently prepared proteins is chicken. You probably have a lot of recipes in your repertoire, but this one has to be included. I wanted to make my parmesan chicken (schnitzel) last night, but I didn’t have any eggs. So, I started to consider how I could fix that without traveling to the store. Years ago, I prepared chicken using a similar method sans the flour and breadcrumbs. Why not mix the two recipes, and voila! It is flawless!
Oven baked chicken breasts are so easy to make it lends itself to a quick weeknight dinner. The chicken is so moist and flavorful from the butter and all the seasonings. It has a crunchy coating with a buttery taste from the crackers, golden brown from the panko and a light salty bite from the parmesan cheese. I promise this will become one of your new favorite ways to cook chicken.
The Method Of Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- thin cut chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- grainy mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Ritz crackers
- Panko breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
Step 1: pound out the chicken breasts to 1/8-1/4 inch.
Step 2: dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture. (flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper)
Step 3: pass the floured chicken breasts through the butter mixture. (butter, grain mustard, Dijon, garlic powder, paprika and pepper thoroughly emulsified)
Step 4: coat the buttered chicken breasts in the breaded mixture (Ritz crackers, Panko and parmesan cheese)
Step 5: let coated chicken breasts rest for 20 minutes in refrigerator, then bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
Thoroughly emulsify the melted butter, mustards and spices by whisking or using an immersion blender.
Make sure to let the chicken breasts rest before baking. This allows everything to adhere properly.
Try chicken tenders or little chicken nuggets. Serve with a honey mustard dipping sauce or BBQ sauce and your kids will love it.
I love a good mashed potato with this, but other alternatives that would be great are my Irish Shamrock Pub Salad, Fingerling Potatoes or my Artichokes Au Gratin.
If the chicken is packed in an airtight container, it will remain fresh in the refrigerator for two to three days.
For 2-3 months, wrap in foil, then cling wrap. When ready to use, fully defrost and then reheat in an air fryer or the oven.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKEN
Chicken is one of the most widely consumed meats in the world. It is a versatile food that can be cooked in many ways and is also a good source of protein. However, the health benefits of chicken go far beyond just being a protein source. In this article, we will look at 10 health benefits of chicken.
- Protein source Chicken is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles, bones, and tissues. It is also important for maintaining a healthy immune system. A 100-gram serving of chicken breast contains about 31 grams of protein, making it a great protein source for people who are looking to build muscle or maintain a healthy body.
- Weight management Chicken is a low-calorie and low-fat food that can help with weight management. A 100-gram serving of chicken breast contains only 165 calories and 3.6 grams of fat. It is also a good source of dietary protein, which can help reduce appetite and increase satiety, leading to fewer calories consumed overall.
- Heart health Chicken is a good source of niacin, which is a B vitamin that helps to lower cholesterol levels. High cholesterol levels can increase the risk of heart disease, so eating chicken can be beneficial for heart health. Additionally, chicken contains low levels of saturated fat, which can also help to lower the risk of heart disease.
- Brain health Chicken is rich in vitamin B6, which is important for brain function. Vitamin B6 helps to produce neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that transmit signals in the brain. A deficiency in vitamin B6 can lead to depression, confusion, and other neurological disorders.
- Immune system health Chicken is a good source of zinc, which is important for a healthy immune system. Zinc helps to produce white blood cells, which are the cells that fight off infection and disease. Additionally, chicken contains vitamin A, which is important for a healthy immune system and helps to keep the skin and mucous membranes healthy.
- Bone health Chicken is a good source of phosphorus, which is important for bone health. Phosphorus works with calcium to build strong bones and teeth. A 100-gram serving of chicken breast contains about 200 milligrams of phosphorus, which is about 20% of the recommended daily intake.
- Energy production Chicken is a good source of vitamin B12, which is important for energy production. Vitamin B12 helps to convert food into energy that the body can use. A deficiency in vitamin B12 can lead to fatigue and weakness.
- Skin health Chicken is a good source of niacin, which is important for healthy skin. Niacin helps to keep the skin moisturized and prevents dryness and flakiness. Additionally, chicken contains vitamin E, which is important for healthy skin and helps to protect against damage from the sun and other environmental factors.
- Vision health Chicken is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for vision health. Vitamin A helps to maintain healthy eyesight and prevent vision loss. Additionally, chicken contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that help to protect the eyes from damage caused by free radicals.
- Mood regulation Chicken is a good source of tryptophan, which is an amino acid that helps to regulate mood. Tryptophan is important for the production of serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that helps to regulate mood, appetite, and sleep. A deficiency in tryptophan can lead to depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.
In conclusion, chicken is a nutritious and versatile food that offers many health benefits. It is a good source of high-quality protein, which is important for building and repairing muscles, bones,