There are quick dinner ideas vegetarians can trust. Hey! Do you want to know them? Here they come. This article has got you covered.
As a vegetarian, who would not take meats, you might face the arduous task of making your dinner. Hence, you find it difficult to make a very pleasant one after the day’s work and at such would opt for a quick veggie dinner which shall be highlighted below. These quick meals for vegetarians are fast, easy and ready in under 45 minutes.
Quick Dinner Ideas Vegetarians
Vegetarians and vegans don’t need to feel left out when it comes to quick dinner ideas because I’ll show you how the best vegetable recipes are all about how you prepare the recipes. Vegetarian food is not always healthy, but there are ways to make it “Healthy”
Hence, this article shall look at 7 quick meals for vegetarians and their recipes.
Related Post: Healthy Vegetarian Food Ideas
Full of proteins and vitamins, the coconut curry is a very simple all-in-one pot spinach recipe. It tops the list of healthy vegetarian recipes. To make this quick veggie dinner, get the following;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 sticks lemongrass
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Start by grating the sweet potato and carrots.
- Then chop the spring onion, broccoli and zucchini.
- Add olive oil to the frying pan and fry all the vegetables over medium heat.
- Fry for about 8 minutes.
- Afterwards, add curry paste and powder and add the sticks of lemongrass. Drain the chickpeas afterwards.
- Then stir and fry for another 5 minutes after which you add coconut milk, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and maple syrup. Simmer it for another 5 minutes.
- Take out the lemongrass and it’s done.
- Think you can now accept the fact that it is a quick veggie dinner as you can serve it with rice.
Related Post: Food For Tea Parties
- The second of the top 7 quick meals for vegetarians is the avocado pasta. It is no surprise that this meal makes this list as it is very high in fibre, iron and of course fasts that are needed by the body. Besides, it only takes 15 minutes to make this quick veggie dinner.
Get the following;
- 5 oz whole-grain pasta
- 1 good handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Boil whole grain in waste.
- Make the avocado sauce while boiling the whole grain pasta.
- It saves time, isn’t it? Yap! Then crush avocado with a fork until creamy and edible.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce and olive oil to the crushed avocado.
- Add basil leaves also and grate the garlic cloves, too.
- You can add some tablespoons of water if too bulky.
- Then drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Convert the mixed avocado sauce in it and stir.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them to the mixture.
- You can season it with a bit of salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lentil soup is also one of the healthy vegetarian recipes that can be prepared in less than thirty minutes. It is delicious, nutritious and very rich in iron. The ingredients to make this quick veggie dinner are;
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 140g split red lentils
- 600g carrots washed and grated
- 125ml milk
- 1-litre hot vegetable stick
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Palin yoghurt and bread(to serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a large saucepan before dry-frying 2 tablespoon cumin seeds and a pinch of chilli flakes for about 40 seconds.
- Then scoop out the half with a spoon and set it aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, grated carpets, hot vegetable stock, milk and spilt red lentils to the pan and boil.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until lentils have softened.
- Stir until smooth.
- You can whizz it with a stick blender or food processor.
- Then season to taste and finish with plain yoghurt. ‘
- Serve and enjoy with naan bread! It’s a great deal. Trust me!
Corn Pizza With Tomato And Basil
Corn pizza with tomato and basil is sure of one of the top 7 healthy vegetarian recipes that should ease a vegetarian’s evening affairs and should be given an apace in their diet menu. Besides, corn pizza with tomato and basil is embellished with many nutritious substances such as calcium, sodium and high fibre. You would like to know the ingredients? Here they are;
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 fresh pizza dough
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 1/2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Start by placing a rectangular pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Then place the fresh pizza dough in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and microwave it for 30 seconds or until the dough is slightly warmed.
- Place dough on a light surface and roll out into a 15×12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal on a large piece of parchment paper and place the dough rectangle on the cornmeal.
- Place the parchment paper and dough on a flat baking sheet.
- Bake at the same heat (500°F) for 3 minutes.
- Spread marinara sauce on the crust and top with tomato, corn, cheese and garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle with salt and salt pepper.
- Then slide the pizza gently onto the pizza stones.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil and crushed peppers and drizzle with oil and the balsamic glaze.
- Cut into 5 pieces and enjoy!
Another member of the quick dinner ideas vegetarians can plan for. Spinach rice is highly nutritious as it is filled with fibre, vitamins and protein. It is just a meal that takes 25 minutes and it is also a one-pot meal. The following are the ingredients;
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of pinto beans
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 – 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- On medium heat, heat oil in a pan and add garlic and simmer for about 40 seconds.
- Add onion and diced tomatoes to it and cook until they soften very well.
- Add beans, spinach, and rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add water, and vegetable stock and boil the mixture.
- Afterwards, season with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is soft and tender.
- After this, it is sure ready to serve.
Black Bean Soup
Of course, you should know that this food should make the list of healthy vegetarian recipes as many quick veggie dinners have. Black bean soup is a quick veggie dinner that is very high in fibre and protein both of which help in the regulation of blood sugar in your body. Excellent, right?!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoon cumin
- 1 can of black beans
- 250ml vegetable broth
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tortillas
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a pot.
- Dice up the onion and mince the garlic and add both to the pot and simmer on low heat.
- After a couple of seconds, cut the bell peppers into small pieces and add them to the pot.
- Rinse and drain the can of black beans afterwards.
- Squash them with a fork and throw them into the pot.
- Then chop the cilantro into the pot.
- Now, put cumin, red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer it for about 8 minutes.
- Then prepare some avocado slices and heat the tortillas also.
- Then it’s ready.
- You can garnish your bowl with a little bit of cilantro and avocado.
- Awesome, yeah? It is.
To round off the list of quick dinner ideas vegetarians can trust, it is ideal to look at the simplicity of the farro bowl. The meal is very easy and simple to make as you look forward to easing your evening duties. Get the following to cook;
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lemon wedges
- 3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- Boil water in a large saucepan and add farro to it, heat should be medium.
- Then let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain afterwards. Boil water in another small saucepan and add large cold eggs under medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place eggs in a bowl of ice water until cool.
- Drain and peel the eggs.
- Then heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Put the cumin and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add farro and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Then place 2/3 cup farro mixture in each bowl.
- Halve one egg in each bowl and one avocado in each bowl, too.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper over top.
- Dress each bowl with 1 1/2 teaspoon yoghurt.
- Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each bowl and then serve.
Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas
A crisp, citrusy slaw contrasts nicely with the enchiladas’ creamy squash filling.
active: 25 mins total: 45 mins Servings: 4
- Egg Free
- Heart Healthy
- High Fiber
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 2 medium poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounces) can of no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 (10-ounce) can of enchilada sauce (see Tip)
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned 8 to 10 minutes. Add peppers and onion and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in beans, 2 tablespoons cilantro and chile powder. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Place about 1/2 cup of the squash mixture in each tortilla and roll. Place, seam-side down, in the prepared baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with foil. Bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, toss cabbage with lime juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Serve the enchiladas topped with the slaw and more cilantro, if desired.
Related Post: Food For High Energy
Store-bought enchilada sauce is a fast and easy way to add a ton of flavour to a dish, but it can be high in sodium, so look for one that has less than 300 milligrams per serving.
Serving Size: 2 enchiladas & 1/2 cup slaw Per Serving: 428 calories; protein 13g; carbohydrates 58g; dietary fiber 11g; sugars 6g; fat 17g; saturated fat 4g; cholesterol 13mg; sodium 491mg; potassium 779mg.
As a vegetarian, be rest assured that these quick dinner ideas for vegetarians are the relatively best choice to rely on as they are quick, easy and nutritious.
These quick dinner ideas, made for busy vegetarians (including vegans and lactose intolerant), are quick and easy to prepare. They all have very little preparation time before cooking, which is ideal if you just got home from work. And most of them only require one pan, or a pot and a skillet so clean-up will be a breeze. Just put your meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are plenty of great meatless dinner options. Some of our favourites include pasta dishes with vegetables, black bean tacos, or simply grilled cheese sandwiches. If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, why not try out a vegan curry or ratatouille? With a little creativity, you can easily come up with a delicious and satisfying meatless meal.
There are a few things you can do when nothing sounds appetizing. You can try to find a dish that uses ingredients you already have on hand, or you can look for a recipe that uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients. If all else fails, you can also try to find an appetizer or snack to tide you over until dinner.
Many easy vegetarian recipes can be cooked for dinner tonight. Some of my favourites include simple pasta dishes, vegetable stir-frys, and quinoa bowls. These recipes are all quick and easy to prepare, and they are sure to please everyone at the dinner table.