Are you looking for quick, easy healthy lunchbox ideas? I have a wonderful resource with some great recipes that are really simple to make and will give your family a nice variety of lunches with no fuss.
Are you struggling to pack healthy lunches for your kids? I know it can be hard when they get hungry at exactly the same time they break up from school. But, if you make a bit more effort, and use these quick and easy healthy lunch box ideas, it can make your life so much easier.
Quick Easy Healthy Lunch Box Ideas
Make your lunch more interesting with one of these nutritious suggestions, such as the light and crunchy carrot and edamame bean salad or the protein-rich hot smoked salmon with avocado and egg.
We have developed incredibly quick and simple lunchbox ideas as well as wholesome lunches for the office. everything from suggestions for vegetarian lunchboxes to protein-rich lunchboxes.
Prepare a lunchbox full of vegetables, fiber, and protein to bring with you so that your lunches will be healthier. This is very nutrient-dense and will keep your blood sugar levels in check by giving you steady energy so that you won’t fall asleep in your afternoon meetings. Protein is essential for mood and concentration because it contains the amino acids required to create our essential neurotransmitters. (brain chemicals).
With our collections of healthy soup recipes, healthy lunch recipes, low-calorie lunch recipes, and healthy sandwiches, you may find additional ideas for healthy lunches. You can also try one of the greatest healthy vegetable dishes from our selection.
Smoky mackerel and beans lunchbox
- Tip a tin of cannellini beans into a sieve.
- Rinse with cold water then leave to drain.
- Whisk 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and ½ tsp horseradish cream in a bowl and season.
- Tip in the beans with 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley and ¼ finely chopped red onion and toss.
- Divide between 2 lunchboxes then top each with a smoked mackerel fillet and a wedge of lemon.
Asian avo, prawns and greens lunchbox
- Blanch 100g frozen peas, 100g frozen edamame beans and 100g chopped long-stemmed broccoli for 2 minutes, then rinse under cold water and drain.
- Whisk 1 tbsp groundnut oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil in a bowl.
- Add the greens with a small pack of cooked king prawns, 1 tbsp chopped pickled ginger, 1 finely chopped red chilli and ½ diced avocado.
- Divide between 2 lunchboxes and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Boil 2 eggs for 7 minutes, adding 100g green beans for the final 2 minutes, then drain and rinse everything until cool.
- Peel the eggs. Whisk 2 tbsp olive oil with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tsp dijon mustard.
- Add the beans, 1 pack of cooked puy lentils and 3 chopped spring onions and toss.
- Divide between 2 lunch boxes and top with the eggs and a few slices of cooked chicken breast.
Hummus falafel lunchbox
- Shred ¼ small red cabbage and toss with 1 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Grate 2 carrots.
- Divide 4 tbsp hummus between two lunchboxes.
- Add a few leaves of Little Gem and 3 falafels to each (try making your own falafel with our easy recipe) then add the carrots and cabbage.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and pack small pittas separately for scooping.
Superfood salad lunchbox
- Blanch 100g long stem broccoli and 50g peas in boiling salted water then rinse under cold water and drain.
- Dice ¼ of a cucumber.
- Tip 75g of pre-cooked quinoa into a bowl and add the veg. Whisk 1 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp lemon juice and season. Add to the bowl and toss everything together.
- Add a handful each of mint and parsley and 50g crumbled feta. Tip into a lunchbox then sprinkle with 2 tsp toasted pumpkin seeds.
Per lunchbox: 433 kcals, fat 26.7g, saturates 9.3g, carbs 23.2g, fibre 10.1g, protein 19.8g, salt 2.8g
High-protein lunchbox with hot smoked salmon, avocado and egg
- Drop a large egg into boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes then run under cold water until cooled.
- Slice half a small avocado and break 75g hot smoked salmon fillet into pieces, discarding any skin.
- Put a handful of watercress in your lunchbox then top with the egg, salmon and avocado.
- Mix 2 tbsp natural yoghurt with 1 tbsp lemon juice and some chopped dill and keep in a mini jar or tub until you are ready to drizzle over and eat.
Per lunchbox: 441 kcals, fat 30.2g, saturates 8.4g, carbs 8.1g, fibre 3.7g, protein 32.4g, salt 1.6g
Low-calorie Asian lunchbox carrot and edamame
- Peel 150g carrots then shred in a food processor or coarsely grate on a box grater.
- Put in a bowl and add 75g blanched edamame beans and a finely chopped red chilli.
- Whisk 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar with ½ tsp sesame oil. Add to the veg and toss together with a good pinch of salt.
- Pack into a lunchbox and sprinkle with a pinch of black sesame seeds.
Per lunchbox: 250 kcals, fat 11.3g, saturates 1.7g, carbs 21.3g, fibre 11.2g, protein 10.2g, salt 0.8g
Low-calorie vegetarian lunchbox with smoky black bean and squash
- Peel and chunk 150g butternut squash. Toss with 1 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp smoked paprika and ½ tsp cumin seeds. Roast at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 for 15-20 minutes until tender. Cool.
- Put 150g rinsed and drained black beans in a bowl. Add ¼ of a diced red pepper. Tip in the squash, a handful of chopped coriander and the juice of a lime. Toss everything together and pack into lunchbox.
Per lunchbox: 233 kcals, fat 4.3g, saturates 0.5g, carbs 30.1g, fibre 14.1g, protein 11.5g, salt 0.8g
Make an exciting vegetarian salad wrap with crunchy veg for texture and a good hit of cheddar cheese. Perfect for packing into a lunchbox
Sesame chicken noodles
Forget soggy lunchbox sandwiches and whip up a tasty and healthy chicken and noodle salad for lunch using our pre-made roast chicken recipe
Chipotle & lime prawn burrito bowls
Serve up a big bowl of colour with this easy prawn burrito bowl, with zingy chipotle and lime flavours. Full of nutrients, it provides four of your 5-a-day
Make this falafel salad fun with a bento-style lunchbox. It’s great for toddlers and young children who prefer lunches with lots of individual elements. Use shop-bought falafel or make our Edamame falafel
Sesame, edamame & chicken noodle salad
Pack a picnic for the family with this healthy wholewheat noodle lunch with chicken, edamame, broccoli and sesame seeds. Make it in just 20 minutes
Lunchbox pasta salad
Rustle up this pasta salad for kids’ lunchboxes. Customise with ham, prawns or eggs for a dose of protein – or cheese if catering for vegetarian diets
Coronation chicken salad
Rustle up this healthy and filling coronation chicken salad for a packed lunch in just five minutes using our roast chicken cooked beforehand to save time
Chocolate-stuffed flapjack bars
Indulge in these oaty flapjack bars with a smooth chocolate centre by GF member Zayana Price. Drizzle with extra chocolate for the professional look
Omelette in a bun
Make this tasty vegetarian omelette roll for lunchboxes, or a quick and easy dinner for kids. It’s guaranteed to satisfy fussy eaters
Cheese & bacon turnovers
Make some moreish cheese and bacon turnovers for lunch, a picnic or buffet, and add a dollop of mustard if you like. They’ll keep for up to three days
Puff pastry pizzas
Have fun preparing these puff pastry pizzas with kids. Chop up any veg you have into small pieces and let everyone choose their own toppings
Mozzarella, pepper & aubergine calzone
Try these healthy Italian-inspired mozzarella, pepper and aubergine calzones for a working lunch, or pack up and eat outdoors on a warm day
Cheese, Marmite & spinach pinwheels
Make these easy pinwheels with cheddar, Marmite and spinach flavours to serve with soup or as part of a family picnic. Freeze before baking, if you prefer
Vegan salad bowl
Whip up an easy vegan salad, with beans, radish, pickled cabbage and couscous. Bursting with flavour, it makes a satisfying dinner or lunch on the go
Hummus rainbow wraps
Make these colourful rainbow wraps, with hummus, beetroot, carrot, feta and baby spinach for a quick and easy veggie lunch for the whole family
Chicken with Spanish-style butter beans
Stuck for lunchbox inspiration? Try this healthy chicken and butterbean salad, which will fill you up for the afternoon and deliver four of your 5-a-day
Healthy tomato soup
Enjoy this vegetable-packed tomato soup for a lovely light family meal, with leftovers for the next day. Serve with bread or our Cheese, Marmite & spinach pinwheels
Chicken enchilada wraps
Use homemade wholemeal flatbreads instead of shop-bought tortillas in this recipe – perfect for wrapping up our lean spicy chicken. It counts as 3 of your 5-a-day, too
Creamy lentil & veggie curry
Swap in different veg to this family-friendly curry, or add a can of chickpeas to make it chunkier. Kids can take it to school in a wide-necked thermos
Serve these meatballs Swedish-style with potatoes and lingonberry jam. You can also pack them in a wide-necked thermos with pasta for kids to take to school
BLT pasta salad
An easy pasta salad that makes a tasty addition to any lunchbox. Ideal for kids aged 9 – 12, it also makes up 2 of their 5-a-day
Sweet potato, spinach & feta tortilla
Make this tortilla the night before for a quick and easy picnic lunch for the family. With sweet potato, spinach and feta, it’s packed with flavour
Easy banana muffins
Make these moreish banana muffins for an easy breakfast or a snack on the go. They’re also great for lunchboxes and will prove popular with the whole family.
Noodle jar salad
Make this noodle jar salad before you head to work for a nutritious lunch. It contains mango, carrot and peanuts plus a flavourful Asian-style dressing
Healthy Work Lunchbox Ideas
- Baked Salmon & Avocado
Avocado Shrimp Salad
Healthified Chicken Caeser Pita
Valentine’s Salad with guacamole
Crockpot Cool Ranch Chicken Wrap
Easy Kale Salad ( kale and shredded deli meat) with s side of leftover Pizza Dip
Cowboy Caviar with some multigrain chips
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad on a bed of lettuce.