I am sure that you have seen many recipes on how to prepare Chicken with Olives. But do they look like the ones we all love to eat? Probably not, as most of recipes found online don’t even come close to taste. This is because they are not authentic enough and require some light improvisation.
Chicken with olives and tomatoes
- 15m prep
- 45m cook
- 4 servings
Create warm comforting meals this winter with this saucy chicken on a bed of fluffy couscous – delicious!
out of 10
571 calories per serve
Allergens: Recipe may contain yeast.
- 11 Ingredients
- 3 Method Steps
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 x Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes 400g
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Select all ingredients
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
We are temporarily pausing click-to-cart functionality due to a technical issue. We will resume as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
- Step 1Cut 1.5kg whole chicken into 10 pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with saltUnsure of the quantity needed?Click on the underlined ingredient to reveal the quantity. No need to flip back and forth!OK, GOT IT and pepper. Add to pan in 2-3 batches and cook until well browned. Remove from pan.
- Step 2Add 1 brown onion, sliced and 1 teaspoon salt to pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 10 mins. Add 1 green capsicum, chopped, and cook for 3 mins. Return chicken to the pan with 800g can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup Kalamata olives and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer, partially covered, for 20-30 mins. Season.
- Step 3Combine 1 lemon, rind finely grated, 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley and 1 garlic clove, crushed. Sprinkle over chicken. Serve with couscous.
Sheet Pan Olive Bar Chicken
- SERVES: 6
- PREP TIME: 15 min
- COOK TIME: 45 min
- CALORIES: 296
Tender fingerling potatoes nestle between slices of lemon and red onion, chicken thighs and all of your favorite salty, spicy, garlicky favorites in this insanely easy sheet pan chicken recipe.
Possibly the Easiest Sheet Pan Chicken Thigh Recipe on Earth
Most sheet pan chicken recipes are easy—that’s kind of the whole idea, right? But this olive bar chicken is exceptionally quick and easy to make because it requires so little prep and the result is a whole meal unto itself. A single-pan meal that takes about five minutes to prep? Yeah, it’s that good. We’ve talked about our love for the olive bar at the grocery store before, but this chicken thigh recipe really puts that little treasure trove to work. True, it’s not the absolute most cost-effective place to shop, but it’s a tiny splurge (as splurges go) to buy a whole pound of goodies from the olive bar, and boy is there an ROI in terms of time-saving.
How to Maximize the Goodness That Is the Olive Bar
The hardest part of putting this simple sheet pan chicken dinner together is deciding which olive bar offerings to select, but the good news is that they’re all delicious. You can’t go wrong, and you can try a new combo each time if you’d like to mix things up week-to-week. One of our favorite combinations is kalamata, roasted garlic, marinated tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and peppadew peppers. This meal is always a hit with house guests, dinner guests, and of course for our own families. While olives are a no-brainer, don’t skip out on the other good stuff in the olive bar! There are a few lesser-known nibbles in there that are worth grabbing if you see them. We especially love:
- Peppadew peppers. Peppadews are the bright, cherry-red, bulbous peppers that you often see in the mix. They’re not really spicy—they’re more pickle-y and they’re loaded with fresh, sweet pepper flavor. They add a nice pop of color to this sheet pan chicken.
- Roasted garlic pieces. Another must! Sweet roasted garlic is often available at the olive bar, and when we see it, we load up. It’s bursting with earthy sweetness and such a time-saver.
- Grilled artichokes. Marinated in herbs and vinaigrette, and then grilled, these little bites pack a major punch. They’re too good to skip!
- And as for olives? Castelvetranos (pitted is best for a recipe like this) and oil-cured are our favorite, but they’re all good.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Sheet Pan Chicken
Salt, pepper and a little garlic powder are all you’ll add to season these chicken thighs, because the olive bar offerings will each add so much powerful, savoriness to the mix. Many are marinated in vinaigrette, too, so you’ll have a little tanginess along with all that salty goodness. In other words, even though the ingredient list is short, all of these ingredients are mighty!
- Fingerling potatoes
- Olive oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Red onion
- Everything you love most from the olive bar
- Garlic powder
How to Make Sheet Pan Olive Bar Chicken
Did we mention that the prep here is super minimal? And with potatoes, chicken thighs and even a few vegetable-ish things—onions totally count!—this can stand alone as dinner, though we usually add a basic green salad and / or some good bread. Here’s how to make this easy chicken thigh recipe:
- Chop up the onion, lemon and potatoes (no, you don’t need to peel them).
- Pop the potatoes into the oven (dressed with a little oil, salt & pepper) to get a jump on roasting, since they take a little longer than everything else.
- 15 minutes later, add the chicken, olive bar ingredients, lemon, onion and a little more salt, pepper, garlic powder and oil to the pan, and let it all continue cooking.
- 35 minutes later, dinner is done!
One-Pan Mediterranean Braised Chicken with Olives
Fall in love with Mediterranean flavors with this easy and delicious one pan, one hour, braised chicken with creamy potatoes, roasted Mezzetta olives, and lemon!
Crispy and tender braised chicken is cooked with potatoes, Mezzetta olives, onions, lemons and herbs for an AMAZING dinner you can make in ONE pan, in just ONE hour! Hello easy dinner!
With the holidays approaching quickly, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m in need of some seriously easy dinners! It seems like all too often, dinner time is approaching, and my desire to cook an elaborate meal is at all all-time low. Which is not good, since I’m a food blogger lol. That’s where dinners like this come into play….
Subscribe to The Chunky Chef!
Get updates on the latest posts and more from The Chunky Chef straight to your inbox. No spam, just delicious recipe ideas!SUBSCRIBEI consent to receiving emails and personalized ads.
Dinner made in ONE pan, in ONE hour. Now that’s what I’m talking about! You don’t even have to peel the potatoes I love the simplicity of the ingredients in this recipe… nothing fancy schmancy… yet the flavors are truly amazing. When you use quality ingredients, it really shows! Like the Mezzetta olives… they are family owned since 1935, where the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring their customers the highest quality foods available. They source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to their Italian family recipes at our state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley.
Just look at that crispy skin!! Ahhh, love it
Making this dinner is so easy, you could even make it for a great lunch!
Mezzetta is all about holiday memories, and while this isn’t necessarily a holiday themed meal (although it could be!), my idea behind this dish is that you can make those great family and holiday memories while it’s in the oven. You don’t have to spend a bunch of time cleaning up dishes or prepping for 30 minutes. Spend that time with your family!
Feel free to snack on some olives while you’re waiting on dinner
Sooooooo today I’m not just bringing you a great recipe… I’m also here to share with you how you can WIN some amazing prizes! Wooohooo!!!
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus a Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
Winners will be chosen at random and will be notified and receive the prize within 2 weeks from the end of the sweepstakes.