Rice cake with peanut butter is a staple in many parts of the world and has been around for a long time. A rice cake is a short, unleavened, cylindrical food made of cooked rice. Rice cakes have been a part of ancient cultures across the world including Japan and China. Hi, I love peanut butter and so does my 2 year old daughter. I love to make this rice cake with peanut butter recipe because it’s easy to make and tastes great. If you want to learn how to make rice cake with peanut butter read this article.
Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter
Top multigrain rice cakes with creamy peanut butter for a nutritious snack with protein and fiber to keep you feeling full.
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 multigrain rice cakes
- Step 1Divide peanut butter between rice cakes and spread evenly.
2 rice cakes with 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
227 calories; protein 6.8g; carbohydrates 18.9g; dietary fiber 2g; sugars 0.8g; fat 12.6g; saturated fat 1.8g; folate 3.6mcg; calcium 3.8mg; iron 0.6mg; magnesium 24.7mg; potassium 52.9mg; sodium 124.1mg.
2 1/2 fat, 1 starch
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- A fun and simple snack using easy ingredients
- 15 minutes and you’re done
- Dietary friendly – vegan and gluten-free (ensure all the ingredients you purchase are gluten-free).
- This Tiktok viral giant peanut butter rice cake can be customized
✔️INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
Plain rice cakes should have no added flavors
Peanut butter – use one that has nothing added to it and is 100% peanuts. You can use crunchy or smooth.
If you need to avoid peanut butter, swap it out with any other nut butter eg., almond butter or cashew butter
Vegan chocolate – this will be melted and used to top the rice cakes with peanut butter. I didn’t add any oil to melt the chocolate.
Optional – slices of fruit or berries, such as banana or strawberries. You can also use your favorite jam or compote.
🍫HOW TO MAKE RICE CAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE
Step 1 – Melt the chocolate by either bringing water to a boil in a pot and then placing a heat-proof bowl on top of the water, breaking apart dairy-free chocolate and placing the pieces into the top bowl. Stir until it has melted. Or place broken chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until all chocolate has melted.
Step 2 – Spread peanut butter onto the rice cake. Add optional toppings. Then pour chocolate on top. Place in the freezer on a tray until chocolate solidifies. Roughly 10 minutes.
⭐ PRO TIPS
These do not have to look perfect, in fact, I love that I can let them look rustic
If adding fruit, slice these up as thin and place them on top of the PB and under the chocolate layer
Adding a sprinkle of salt will help enhance the sweetness
Top with crushed salted peanuts
What goes good on rice cakes with peanut butter?
There are many toppings that go well with rice cakes and peanut butter, the obvious is chocolate. You can also add your favorite sliced fruit, jam, compote, syrup, salt, crushed cocoa nibs, avocado, chopped dried fruits or chopped roasted nuts, and even jelly.
Can I melt my chocolate in the microwave?
Yes, though the results may vary. Do this by breaking apart the chocolate into small pieces, placing them into a microwave-safe bowl, and melting in 30-second increments stirring in between until the chocolate has melted. Depending on the type of chocolate used, you may need to add a small amount of coconut oil to help the chocolate melt.
Once the chocolate on the rice cakes with peanut butter solidifies, place it into an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
GIANT PEANUT BUTTER CUP RICE CAKE
There’s a reason why this Giant Peanut Butter Cup Rice Cake recipe is going viral on TikTok! Made with just a handful of ingredients, this healthier version of a chocolate peanut butter cup is an easy snack that will satisfy any chocolate craving. And it can be made in 20 minutes!
TikTok is great for keeping up with the latest food trends. Who can forget the Baked Feta Pasta or Dalgona whipped coffee that took over the internet? I also love it when restaurants use the platform to share their highly coveted recipes like when Chipotle shared their corn salsa recipe.
I can definitely see why this Giant Peanut Butter Cup Rice Cake is all over TikTok. A quick and easy recipe with layers of creamy, crunchy, chocolaty goodness… this one is going to become a regular in our house!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS DISH
- Quick and easy– made with just a handful of ingredients
- Made with whole, nutritious ingredients
- Will satisfy any chocolate craving– great as a snack or dessert
- Both kids and adults will love it
- Endlessly customizable
Sometimes you just need a little chocolate. When I have a chocolate craving, I’ll whip up a Chocolate Banana and Date Smoothie or a batch of my Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti.
Now you can satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious rice cake layered with peanut butter and chocolate. After all, peanut butter and chocolate are a classic duo and some things just shouldn’t be messed with!
This recipe is kind of like a healthier version of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. So skip the processed candy bars and make this instead! With just a few simple ingredients, you can satisfy your sweet tooth fast.
While rice cakes may have a reputation as being bland and a little boring, the combination of creamy peanut butter, rich chocolate and a pinch of sea salt takes them to the next level.
This recipe is a nice healthy snack for kids and adults. It’s also endlessly customizable. You can mix up the type of spread, the type of chocolate, even the toppings, to suit your dietary needs and taste.
- Did you know that dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants called flavanols? These antioxidants help protect your cells against damage from free radicals.
- Flavanols also help relax blood vessels and lower your blood pressure.
- Studies show that they can also increase insulin sensitivity, which could lower your risk of diabetes in the long run.
- Not all chocolate is the same though. Dark chocolate contains up to 2-3 times more flavanols than milk chocolate!
INGREDIENTS FOR GIANT PEANUT BUTTER CUP RICE CAKE
- Rice cakes– I use plain whole grain rice cakes rather than flavored varieties like chocolate or caramel, which have added sugars. You could also use mini rice cakes to make bite-sized versions of this dish.
- Peanut butter– I like to use a natural peanut butter, which just contains peanuts and salt (no hydrogenated vegetable oils, sugar, etc). You can use other nuts butters like almond butter, cashew butter or pistachio butter. If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower butter or tahini.
- Chocolate– I use a good quality dark chocolate, 60% or 72% cacao, like Ghiradelli.
- Coconut oil (optional)– completely optional but if you have it, coconut oil gives the chocolate a nice shiny luster.
- Sea salt (optional)– I love using flaky Maldon sea salt flakes . Salt is optional but I love the combination of sweet and salty. You can also substitute other toppings like shredded coconut, chopped nuts or dried fruit.
Scroll all the way down to see the recipe card for full recipe details.
- Step 1– Spread peanut butter onto the rice cake covering the whole surface. I like to use my offset spatula but you can use a spoon.
- Step 2– Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil (if using). You easiest way to melt the chocolate is in the microwave. You can also melt it in a double boiler.
- Step 3– Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter.
- Step 4– Sprinkle on some flaky sea salt or other desired toppings (optional). Place in the freezer 10-15 minutes until chocolate is firm. Devour!
- Use plain whole grain rice cakes rather than flavored varieties like chocolate or caramel, which have added sugars. The peanut butter and chocolate add enough sweetness to this dish.
- I like to add a little coconut oil to the chocolate when I melt it. It’s not necessary but it gives the chocolate a nice shiny luster when it solidifies. It also helps the chocolate harden. Interesting fact- coconut oil is the secret ingredient in Magic Shell, the chocolate product from the 80s that hardens when it comes into contact with freezing cold ice cream.
- Freeze the peanut butter cup rice cakes for at least 20 minutes if you want the chocolate completely frozen and crispy. I remove them from the freezer after 10-15 minutes because I like the chocolate solid but a little soft, like a traditional peanut butter cup.
- This recipe is for 1 serving but I typically make a batch of 4 to 8 of these and store them in the fridge in an airtight container.
Is this Peanut Butter Rice Cake healthy?
Yes, this dish is full of nutrient-dense ingredients like whole grain rice cakes, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is rich in a type of plant nutrient called flavonoids. These flavonoids have strong antioxidant properties. They also have beneficial effects on cardiovascular health such as lowering your blood pressure. The darker the chocolate, the greater the amount of amount of healthy flavanols.
How do you melt chocolate in the microwave?
If using a chocolate bar, chop the chocolate into small pieces. Place the chocolate and coconut oil (if using), in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Can I make this Peanut Butter Cup Rice Cake if I have a nut allergy?
Yes! You can substitute other nut-free spreads like sunflower seed butter, tahini or even cookie butter. You could even spread a mashed banana on the rice cake instead of the peanut butter.