Are you looking to buy a side of beef, but sick and tired of calling around to view inventory? Do you find yourself tired and frustrated, with no ground beef storage in sight? Let’s be honest; who the hell likes paying full price for the measly bottom round roast?! So instead of telling you where I’m located or what to look for when purchasing your beef, I’ll save you the time. You can just tell me what body part you want:
HOW TO BUY A SIDE OF BEEF
A household can buy meat relatively affordably by purchasing a side of beef. You will end up with between 150 and 200 pounds of beef, which will keep in the freezer for a year or more, depending on the cuts you choose.
The weight of a side of beef hanging in the butcher’s cooler after the head, feet, and internal organs have been removed, but before it has been butchered into the usable slices, is the measure by which Monnett Farms sells its beef. We charge $6.00 per pound for a side of beef (or $6.25 for a quarter). A side of our grass-fed beef weighs between 200 and 300 pounds.
Depending on the cuts you choose, the yield after butchering the side is typically between 60 and 70% of the hanging weight. For a side of beef, you may anticipate receiving between 150 and 200 pounds of meat for your freezer. The weight loss is the result of bone removal, aging-related moisture loss, and the cuts you ordered. For lengthy freezer preservation, our meats are vacuum sealed and packaged.
Our family of five is fed for a year on a side of beef. In a chest freezer of medium size, this will keep. To transport it home, you’ll need two or three medium- or large-sized coolers.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
As previously stated, a side of beef will cost between $1,200 and $1,800 at the price of $6.00 per pound. According to the hanging weight, quarter beef costs $6.25 per pound.
You’ll receive a variety of meat cuts, ranging from ground beef, which costs $8.00 per pound in the market, to quality steaks, which cost $18 to $30 per pound there. When viewed in this light, the savings are clear.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
A side of beef that you purchase will be sliced specifically to your preferences. Our Grass Fed Beef Order Form, which is simple to use and will guide you through each component of beef, will be provided to you after we have received your deposit. Call us if you need assistance if this is your first time ordering a side of beef. We would be pleased to offer advice and assist you in customizing your order.
BUY A SIDE OF BEEF
HERE ARE SOME COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT BUYING A SIDE OR WHOLE COW, OR YOU CAN CALL US WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AT 602-828-5004.
What are the benefits of buying a side of beef instead of just selecting the cuts I want?
- Up to a year’s worth of supplies can be purchased all at once, saving you from having to scour the supermarket for what you need. Without having to worry about making a supermarket run, dealing with the threat of spoiling, or checking to see whether your preferred cuts are in stock, head to your freezer and base that night’s supper around any cut of beef!
- Compared to supermarket meat, Perry beef is of much higher quality. It is naturally and locally raised (we never use antibiotics or hormones on our steers).
- You won’t have to schedule pickup or deliveries, and you’ll save roughly 20% off the retail price compared to purchasing it by the cut from our shop. Just give us a call the following year when you’re ready to restock.
- How YOU want your cow sliced is up to YOU! Enjoy T-bones? Utilize numerous roasts? What are morning steaks all about? Organizing a weekly carnitas dinner? To ensure that you get the beef you want, the local butcher where your meat is cut will collaborate with you on your cutting options.
What is the total cost of a side or whole cow?
The gist of the reply is: it depends on weight. You will pay the rancher (that’s us!) for the cow and the butcher (who will harvest, dry age, and cut the beef to your specifications) separately for processing the beef. We’ll assist you in getting on the butcher’s schedule after your steer has been chosen. After that, they will immediately consult with you regarding the cut you desire.
There are three weights that you should be familiar with in order to evaluate your price tag. The weight of the processed beef you receive back, the hanging weight or carcass weight (often between 700 and 800 lbs for our steers), and the live weight of the animal (which depends on how you have it cut and whether you keep bones, organs, and other parts of your cow).
Based on the weight of the carcass, we determine our price. This makes it simpler for you because the butcher will also weigh it that way. On the basis of carcass weight, Perry Land & Cattle charges $5.25/lb. This results in our steers selling for, on average, $1,800 to $2,200 for a side of beef or, for a whole steer, $3,600 to $4,400.
Don’t forget that when you pick up your chopped and packaged beef, you will also need to pay the processor. To prepare, mature, and butcher the cow to your specifications, they normally add an extra 80–90 cents per pound to the carcass weight. This raises the price of getting your own bespoke side by roughly $300 to $400.
How much beef will be finished and returned to me for my freezer?
Once more, it depends on the size of your steer. While larger steers are slightly more expensive, the good news is that they also provide more finished meat. They are frequently more delicate and better marbled. The number of pounds of finished beef you receive will depend on how you and the butcher decide to have yours cut, but on average, a whole steer will produce 450–500 pounds of finished, packaged meat for the freezer. An average family of four can be fed for a year on a side’s production of 200–250 lbs. What steps do I need to take to schedule the harvest and butchering of the steer I bought from you? Please don’t worry; we’ll take care of that. With Miller’s Southwestern Processing in San Tan Valley, we block out regular dates. Once your deposit is received, we will schedule your steer into the earliest available time slot and transport it for you to their facility. The day we deliver the steer to them, they will harvest it. At that point, we will charge you based on its final carcass weight, and your relationship with us will be complete. The live cow must be transported by you if you choose to work with a different processor, which we can generally arrange.
You can specify how long the butcher should age the animal before cutting it up (we recommend 10-14 days). They will contact you to discuss the cut you would want when they are ready to butcher the animal. After it has been sliced, you can pick up your beef right away from the processor and pay them. Finally, you can use it as you choose for a full year!
Side Of Beef
The most cost-effective option to purchase our beef is an entire side (half a cow). Our sides have a weight of roughly 100 kg and can feed a household for six to twelve months. As of 13.7.22, our sides of beef cost $16.95 per kilogram, with a total price of about $1,700.
Deposit: $150.00Customise Selection
Customise Your Cut:
Our expert butcher has pre-chosen the best cuts for you. But if you would like to customise your cuts, please change the below selections.
- HOW MANY FAMILY MEMBERS?Choose an option23456
- PORTERHOUSE (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedRoast
- T-BONE (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionMediumThick
- EYE FILLET (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedWhole
- RUMP STEAK (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedRoast
- ROUND STEAK (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedRoastStirfrySchnitzelDiced
- SILVERSIDE (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedWholeStirfrySchnitzelDicedCorned
- TOPSIDE (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedRoastSchnitzel50% Split Sliced & Whole50% Split Sliced & Schnitzel50% Split Whole & Schnitzel
- GRAVEY BEEF (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedOsso BoccoMincedDiced
- SKIRT STEAK (HINDQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedDicedMinced
- GRAVEY BEEF (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionOsso BuccoMincedDiced
- BOLAR (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionRoastSliced
- OYSTER BLADE (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionSliced
- SCOTCH FILLET (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionSlicedRoast
- RIB ROAST (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionRoastMinced
- BRISKET (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionRoastCorned
- CHUCK (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionDicedMincedSliced
- SAUSAGES (FOREQUARTER)Choose an optionGluten FreeBBQ
- MINCE (FOREQUARTER)Choose an option500g Packs1kg Packs
- STEAK THICKNESSChoose an optionMediumThick
- FAT TRIMSChoose an optionYesNo
- BONESChoose an optionYesNoA Few