Simple Dinner Ideas Nz – I am always searching for simple ideas for dinner when I get home from work and many nights I just don’t have time to cook up a long complex meal. So my mission was to find some simple dinner ideas that are quick and easy to prepare yet delicious and creative. These Easy Dinner Recipes with pictures will help you get a good start on your meals.
Get delicious and warming comfort food on the table in no time with these quick and easy dinner recipes, perfect for those chilly Autumn nights.
- DinnerHoney Soy Chicken Stir-FryPrep & Cook Time20 mins + 15 minsServings4
- DinnerCheat’s Sausage Pot PiesPrep & Cook Time5 mins + 20 minsServings4
- DinnerBeef Satay NoodlesPrep & Cook Time15 mins + 20 minsServings4
- DinnerLunchVegetarian Pad ThaiPrep & Cook Time15 mins + 10 minsServings4
- DinnerFettuccine with Creamy Garlic PrawnsPrep & Cook Time10 mins + 25 minsServings4
Easy and Delicious Smoothies
Looking for a fruity, tasty on-the-go breakfast? Try one of these quick and easy smoothie recipes, full of punchy fruit flavour.
- DessertBreakfastHarraways Oat SmoothiePrep & Cook Time5 mins + 1 minServings2
- DessertBreakfastMacro Banana SmoothiePrep Time10 minsServings2
- BreakfastBrunchBanana Raspberry SmoothiePrep Time5 minsServings1
- LunchBreakfastStrawberry and Rhubarb SmoothiePrep Time10 minsServings2
- BreakfastBrunchSpinach, Avocado and Banana SmoothiePrep Time5 minsServings2
In-season Baking: Sunny Citrus
Make the most of juicy, in-season fruit with these delicious citrus desserts. The perfect mix of tart and sweet, these recipes are sure to brighten up these darker evenings.
- DessertGluten Free Gingernut Lemon CheesecakePrep Time25 minsServings8
- DessertSnacksMandarin Milk Chocolate CookiesPrep & Cook Time10 mins + 15 minsServings35
- DessertSnacksMini Lemon and Blueberry MuffinsPrep & Cook Time10 mins + 20 minsServings24
- DessertLunchMandarin Syrup CakePrep & Cook Time15 mins + 45 minsServings10
- DessertLemon DeliciousPrep & Cook Time15 mins + 35 minsServings10
Top 100 easy dinner recipes
When you need to feed the family or kids, these are the easy dinner recipes you turn to time and time again. With lots of healthy, quick, vegetarian, chicken, and budget-friendly ideas, there’s something for everyone..
The humble zucchini slice is by far taste.com.au’s most popular recipe. Find out why!
2Australia’s most popular pumpkin soup
This is Australia’s #1 most-cooked soup recipe of all time and taste.com.au members are raving about it. Find out why!
3Easy fried rice
Even kids will love this quick and easy fried rice, perfect for a weeknight meal. See notes section for Low FODMAP diet tip.
4Classic shepherd’s pie
You can’t go past a classic shepherd’s pie for a satisfying Sunday lunch.
A beautiful golden brown ham and cheese quiche that will delight the whole family.
6Our favourite lasagne
Why is this our favourite beef lasagne recipe? Make it tonight and find out!
7Thai beef salad
This aromatic Asian salad combines lemony-flavoured coriander leaves with cool cucumber, refreshing mint and rare beef.
Take a trip down memory lane with this classic curried sausage recipe.
9Basic chicken and vegetable stir-fry
For a healthy weeknight meal, you can rely on this basic stir-fry with crunchy bean sprouts, tender chicken and tasty vegies.
10San choy bau
The family will love these tasty little pork mince parcels wrapped in lettuce leaves.
11Easy butter chicken
This classic Indian dish is a favourite in Aussie households. Re-create it at home in a flash.
12Pea & ham soup
This is traditional pea and ham soup at its best.
13Australia’s top-rated spaghetti carbonara
Quick, easy and delicious – try this carbonara and see if you think it’s the best!
This delicious spaghetti main is diabetes-friendly, making it suitable for everyone’s dinner.
15Potato and leek soup
The whole family will enjoy this easy to make potato and leek soup.
Dive into a piping hot bowl of beef nachos topped with melted cheese – yum!
Serve this warm and filling soup with some fresh crusty bread to create a winter’s meal.
Taste members love a dash of sweet paprika in this scrumptious beef stroganoff recipe.
19Basic beef burger
Why order take-away when you can enjoy these loaded hamburgers at home?
20Chilli con carne
This simple & tasty chilli con carne dish makes for great leftovers the next day.
Easy Dinner Ideas For When You’re Not Sure What To Make
1. Chicken & Veggie Stir-fry
2. Oven-Baked French Bread Pizzas
3. Easy Butter Chicken
4. Upgraded Ramen
5. Easy Chicken Alfredo Penne
6. Meal Prep Pesto Chicken & Veggies
7. Black Bean–Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
8. Easiest One-Pot Beef with Broccoli
9. Instant Pot Veggie-Packed Mac ‘n’ Cheese
10. Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
11. Vegan Chickpea Shakshuka
12. Pesto Chicken Bake
13. Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
14. 10-Minute Lemon Garlic Salmon & Asparagus
15. Protein-Packed Veggie Bowl
Easy dinner recipes
Save yourself stress in the kitchen with our easy dinner recipes, from filling pasta bakes to warming curries and simple traybakes the family will love.
- Chicken pasta bakeA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.484 ratingsEnjoy this gooey cheese and chicken pasta bake for the ultimate weekday family dinner. Serve straight from the dish with a dressed green salad
- Chicken & chorizo raguA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.265 ratingsServe this delicious chicken and chorizo ragu over rice or pasta as an easy midweek dinner for the family. You can freeze any leftovers for another day
- Vegetarian lasagneA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.228 ratingsMake our easy vegetarian lasagne using just a handful of ingredients. You can use ready-made tomato sauce and white sauce, or batch cook he sauces and freeze them
- Herby fish fingers with Chinese-style riceA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.20 ratingsThis healthy, gluten-free lunch or dinner supplies a balance of carbs and protein, making it perfect for refuelling after exercise
- Easy-to-scale cheesy fish pie with kaleA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.20 ratingsDouble the ingredients in this easy fish pie if you need to feed four, or quadruple for eight. This comforting dinner is perfect for midweek, and adaptable for any situation
- Pulled pork tacos with pineapple salsaA star rating of 4 out of 5.17 ratingsPut the pork for these pulled pork tacos in the slow cooker in the morning, and you’ll have a family feast for dinner. Serve with cabbage, avocado and salsa
- Pork chops & mustardy butter beansA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.29 ratingsServe up dinner for two with these easy pork chops, mustardy butter beans and spinach. It makes a great midweek meal and delivers three of your 5-a-day
- Meatball & tomato soupA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.72 ratingsGet three of your 5-a-day in one serving with this healthy, low-calorie tomato soup. The addition of meatballs and giant couscous means it’s filling, too
- Pork souvlakiA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.55 ratingsServe our speedy pork souvlaki skewers when you’re in need of a quick and easy midweek meal. Serve with flatbreads and yogurt and chilli sauces on the side
- Cheesy ham hock, spinach & ricotta lasagneA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.28 ratingsTry a twist on lasagne and combine creamy ricotta, spinach and nutmeg with ham hock to make an easy dinner. It’s ideal for feeding a hungry crowd
- One-pan roast rack of lamb & green olive potatoesA star rating of 5 out of 5.2 ratingsServe an easy, romantic meal for two with our roast rack of lamb. We’ve added olives and anchovies, but leave them out if you want to keep it even simpler
- Gnocchi fish pieA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.21 ratingsTry this spin on a fish pie and top with gnocchi instead of regular mashed potato. It takes just 30 minutes to make so is perfect for a balanced family meal
- Pasta with salmon & peasA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.258 ratingsMake this salmon pasta in under 20 minutes for a dinner the whole family can enjoy. Kids will love the fun-shaped pasta while packing in fibre and omega-3
- Fish pie mac ’n’ cheeseA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.80 ratingsCombine fish pie with mac ‘n’ cheese to make this crowd-pleasing dinner. The dish freezes well, so you can make ahead if you like for busy weeknights
- Meatball & garlic bread traybakeA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.98 ratingsMake this comforting meatball and garlic bread traybake for a dinner the whole family will enjoy. You could buy a pack of meatballs if you’re short on time
- Chipotle chicken & slawA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.21 ratingsEnjoy our hot and spicy chicken drumsticks with homemade slaw on the side for a healthy and low calorie supper. Serve with steamed corn on the cob
- Roast chicken with squashed new potatoes & cheesy creamed spinachA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.11 ratingsEnjoy roast chicken with new potatoes and cheesy creamed spinach for a hearty dinner the whole family will love. Serve with carrots and any veg you like
- Spiced salmon & tomato traybakeA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.51 ratingsEnjoy this healthy spiced salmon and tomato traybake with a mild curry flavour for a quick and easy midweek meal. Serve with naan bread and lemon wedges
- Prawn tikka masalaA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.79 ratingsForget a takeaway and tuck into a midweek meal that will please the whole family with our easy, low calorie prawn tikka masala. Serve with naan breads
- Fish & chip traybakeA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.8 ratingsGet that Friday feeling during the week with our healthier twist on takeaway favourite, fish and chips, made with sweet potatoes. Serve with mushy peas
- Broccoli pesto & pancetta pastaA star rating of 3.7 out of 5.61 ratingsServe this healthy bowl of pasta topped with cherry tomatoes for a quick and easy midweek meal. It’s tossed with broccoli pesto, and takes just 25 minutes to make
- Thai noodle soup with salmonA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.22 ratingsGet a dose of omega-3 with this family-friendly Thai-style noodle soup with salmon. It uses just five ingredients and takes only 30 minutes to make
- Veggie yaki udonA star rating of 4 out of 5.102 ratingsPack in the veg with our flavour-packed Japanese-inspired yaki udon. It takes just 25 minutes to make and is healthy and low in fat and calories to boot
- Chicory cups with avocado & pink grapefruit salsaA star rating of 0 out of 5.0 ratingsGet the party started with these easy and light chicory cups with avocado and pink grapefruit salsa. They’re easy yet impressive canapés