I’m back with another simple healthy dish for you. On a side note, I am trying to organize this post to make it easier for you to find recipes. I’m not sure if it worked, so let me know!
Healthy food isn’t difficult to prepare. It just takes a bit of handy! When you’re finished reading this article, you’ll have the info you need to make awesome dishes for yourself and your loved ones.
Midweek meal recipes
Make a simple and satisfying midweek meal with our best ever recipes. These speedy suppers can be thrown together using everyday ingredients.
- Chorizo & mozzarella gnocchi bakeA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.451 ratingsUpgrade cheesy tomato pasta with gnocchi, chorizo and mozzarella for a comforting bake that makes an excellent midweek meal
- Creamy salmon, leek & potato traybakeA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.222 ratingsNestle leeks, potato and capers around salmon fillets to make this easy traybake for two. It’s great as an midweek meal, or for a more romantic occasion
- Tomato & mascarpone risottoA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.159 ratingsEnjoy a comforting bowl of risotto with tomato and mascarpone. It’s perfect for a Valentine’s menu, or a special midweek meal
- Spaghetti puttanescaA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.109 ratingsCook up this classic sauce in one pan, then toss with spaghetti for a simple midweek meal. It’s budget-friendly too, making it a great meal for the family
- Enchilada pieA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.197 ratingsGive your midweek meal a Mexican twist with our easy enchilada pie. Packed with nutritious veggies, it provides a whopping four of your 5-a-day
- Baked chicken arrabbiataA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.58 ratingsMake this easy baked chicken arrabbiata with tomatoes, peppers and spinach for a simple midweek meal, then freeze any leftovers. Serve with pasta
- Prawn tikka masalaA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.79 ratingsForget a takeaway and tuck into a midweek meal that will please the whole family with our easy, low calorie prawn tikka masala. Serve with naan breads
- One-pot chicken & curry riceA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.24 ratingsRustle up this easy family one pot dinner, with chicken, cauliflower, beans and peas in mild curry flavours. Serve with yogurt and mango chutney on the side
- Spiced lamb meatball stewA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.43 ratingsEnjoy spiced lamb meatballs with chickpeas and pomegranate seeds in a harissa sauce for an easy midweek meal. Freeze any leftovers for busy weekdays
- Pork noodle stir-fryA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.134 ratingsWhip up this filling pork noodle stir-fry for a quick and easy midweek meal. It takes just 30 minutes to make, so is great for busy evenings
- Easy chicken fajitasA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.127 ratingsNeed a simple, vibrant midweek meal the family will love? Put together these easy chicken fajitas and people can create their own masterpieces at the table
- Lemony tuna, tomato & caper one-pot pastaA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.53 ratingsGive student staple tuna pasta a boost with capers, mascarpone, lemon zest and parmesan for a more sophisticated take on a budget-friendly midweek meal
- Lemon & greens pesto pastaA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.15 ratingsPrep, cook and serve this quick and easy lemon and green veg pasta in just 15 minutes. It’s perfect for busy days, and will be loved by the whole family
- Chorizo & pea risottoA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.127 ratingsUsing simple storecupboard and freezer ingredients, this pea and chorizo risotto makes an easy midweek meal. Garnish with crisped chorizo and grated parmesan
- Greek feta traybakeA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.27 ratingsMake this Greek-inspired traybake with feta, olives, pitta bread and tomatoes for an easy midweek meal, then use the leftovers for lunch the next day
- Puttanesca baked gnocchiA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.46 ratingsServe this budget-friendly baked gnocchi with tomatoes, mozzarella, capers and olives for a delicious midweek family meal when you’re short on time
- Prawn & aubergine curryA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.29 ratingsEnjoy this vibrant prawn and aubergine curry with flatbreads for a quick and easy midweek meal for two. It’s ideal on busy nights when you’re short on time
- Honey & soy chicken with sesame broccoliA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.34 ratingsEnjoy these sticky honey and soy chicken thighs as part of an easy midweek meal. This budget-friendly dinner is sure to be a family favourite
- Curried kale & chickpea soupA star rating of 5 out of 5.19 ratingsRustle up this budget-friendly, healthy soup for a nourishing, easy midweek meal. It’s packed with kale, chickpeas, sweet potato and plenty of flavour
- Matar paneerA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.46 ratingsServe this classic veggie Indian dish with cheese and peas in a spicy tomato sauce as an easy midweek meal. It takes just 25 minutes to make
- Chilli chicken wrapsA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.52 ratingsIt’s a wrap! A speedy supper with plenty of spice that’s low in calories – the perfect midweek meal
- Halloumi flatbreadsA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.25 ratingsTry these simple veggie halloumi wraps with a crunchy slaw and a generous helping of hummus. A great cheesy budget option for a midweek meal
- Fridge-raid soupA star rating of 5 out of 5.3 ratingsMake this soup recipe your own using up any bits and bobs you have. Make a tomatoey soup with leftover veg, then finish it with flavourful toppings
- Chorizo & chilli pepper pastaA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.52 ratingsPickled chilli peppers, spicy chorizo and sweet cherry tomatoes make up this simple and quick pasta dish. Ideal for an easy midweek meal for two
Healthy Meals You Can Make in 20 Minutes
Think you don’t have enough time to make a healthy dinner? Think again. These healthy dinner ideas are ready in just 20 minutes, so you can get a flavorful dish on the table on even the busiest of days. From Easy Pea & Spinach Carbonara to One-Skillet Bourbon Chicken, these recipes are satisfying and quick to make.
1 of 20
Easy Pea & Spinach Carbonara
Fresh pasta cooks up faster than dried, making it a must-have for fast weeknight dinners like this luscious yet healthy meal. Eggs are the base of the creamy sauce. They don’t get fully cooked, so use pasteurized-in-the-shell eggs if you prefer.
2 of 20
Chhole (Chickpea Curry)
Made with convenient canned beans, this quick and healthy Indian recipe is an authentic chickpea curry that you can make in minutes. If you want an additional vegetable, stir in some roasted cauliflower florets. Serve with brown basmati rice or warm naan.
3 of 20
Classic Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Classic sesame noodles become a healthy meal with lean chicken and tons of veggies in this quick noodle recipe. Be sure to rinse the spaghetti until it’s cold, then give it a good shake in the colander until it’s well drained. Are you a spiralizing pro? Swap 5 cups of raw zucchini, carrot or other veggie “noodles” for the cooked pasta.
4 of 20
Spinach & Feta Scrambled Egg Pitas
This meatless dinner comes together in only 15 minutes, thanks to the convenience of frozen chopped spinach and crumbled feta. We’ve added a flavorful burst of sun-dried tomato tapenade to spread over the whole-wheat pita before nestling the scrambled eggs inside. If you can’t find it, basil pesto or sun-dried tomato pesto also work well.
5 of 20
One-Skillet Bourbon Chicken
Coating the chicken in cornstarch might seem like an extra step, but the reward is twofold: it gives the chicken a crispy exterior and also thickens the sauce. Legend has it that bourbon chicken was originally named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans; it can often be found on menus at Chinese American restaurants.
6 of 20
3-Ingredient Refried Bean & Pico de Gallo Tostadas
7 of 20
Scallop Scampi with Pasta
This scallop scampi with pasta is a delicious twist on the classic shrimp dish. Swap in whole-wheat angel hair pasta for a boost of fiber.
8 of 20
White Bean & Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi
Sun-dried tomatoes are the star of this recipe— providing texture and umami. Combined with the spinach, they make this dish a great source of vitamins C and K.
9 of 20
3-Ingredient Farro Bowl with Rotisserie Chicken
To make this hearty grain bowl, grab a salad kit from the grocery store. Then, top the kit with farro and chicken for a high-protein lunch or dinner that’s ready in minutes.
10 of 20
3-Ingredient Teriyaki Edamame Sauté
Whip up this high-fiber, plant-based stir-fry for a quick and convenient dinner. Look for bottled teriyaki sauce labeled less sodium or reduced sodium to cut back on the salt without sacrificing flavor.
- Vegan chilli stir-fry
- Healthy salmon and noodle stir-fry
- Sicilian salmon and cauliflower tray bake
- Quick vegetarian minestrone
- 10-minute cheesy salmon rice bake
- Easy air fryer cauliflower
- 10-minute Japanese chicken ramen
- 10-minute Tuscan tortellini soup
- 10-minute creamy pumpkin soup
- Healthy rissole salad
- Ginger beef and rice salad
- Fast falafel bowl