This Single Serve Apple Crisp recipe is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it sooner. It’s endlessly adaptable for easy vegan, gluten free, and low-carb options, too! There are a lot of different dessert choices available, but I’m going to introduce you to one of my personal favorites, single serve apple crisp. This dish is delicious, and is sure to be stuffing after every bite. The best part is that it’s healthy.
APPLE CRISP FOR ONE + VIDEO
Apple Crisp For One is a delicious single-serving dessert! Make it in the microwave OR oven and top it with vanilla ice cream for an extra tasty treat.
I am having a lot of fun in my kitchen making single serving desserts lately, so be prepared to see at least one more. Basically, I have a mad sweet tooth and need some sugar after any savory meal, but I can’t go eating a whole pan of brownies or limit myself to one cookie. Plus, I am a warm fruit lover! Do you remember my recent post about Honey & Cinnamon Grilled Peaches? So good!
With Fall around the corner I am getting a hankering for apples and it just seemed natural to go with an Apple Crisp. So here it is! Simple! Tastes great! My kids wanted to eat all of my dessert. Stinkers! Haha. It’s okay to share this, but it’s perfectly fine to keep it all for yourself. Enjoy!
APPLE CRISP FOR ONE
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp quick oats, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Peel and thinly slice apple. Toss apple slices with 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ Tbsp quick oats, ½ Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp lemon juice. Place in a microwaveable dish (ramekin, bowl, etc.)
- Using a fork, combine the remaining ingredients with butter for the crumb topping. (1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1½ Tbsp quick oats, 1 Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp of butter.) Sprinkle over apples.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds until apples are tender. Serve plain or with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
*No Microwave? Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, until apples are tender.
**The microwaved version will NOT be crispy – but is still delicious.
Single Serving Apple Crisp
Single Serving Apple Crisp- a vegan, paleo, gluten free breakfast or dessert that’s ready in under 15 minutes. Healthy and delicious! #glutenfree #glutenfreefood #applecrisp #glutenfreefallrecipes #fallrecipes #paleo #vegan #vegandessert
- Yield: 1
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Diet: Vegan
1 apple diced
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon.
2 tbsp almond flour
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp coconut sugar*
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat a skillet over low medium heat.
- Dice the apple and add to a skillet with a little coconut oil + cinnamon.
- Sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Grease a small ramekin or baking dish, add the apples to it.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crumble: almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- Mix the crumble ingredients together then sprinkle over the sautéed apples.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350.
*optional, I wanted mine sweeter but it tastes great with or without it!
Keywords: vegan, vegan gluten free, vegan recipes, fall vegan recipes ,vegan fall recipes, paleo fall recipes, gluten free fall recipes, apple recipes, healthy apple crisp
INDIVIDUAL APPLE CRISP
Individual apple crisp is the perfect fall dessert served in single-sized portions. I mean, is there anything more satisfying after a long day than a warm homemade dessert, fresh from the oven, with a big scoop of ice cream on top? I can’t think of much. Plus, this delicious, sweet, and tart small batch apple crisp is so easy and quick to prep that you could even make this on a weeknight. Get it in the oven right before you sit down for dinner, and enjoy the most delicious apple crisp you’ve ever had as soon as you’re done. It’s so so good.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE INDIVIDUAL APPLE CRISP
- They are perfectly portioned out for one. Unlike traditional apple crisp which is made in a large dish that everyone can take a scoop out of, this apple crisp is perfectly portioned out and baked in little ramekins which means that no one has to share! Enjoy single-sized servings and get all the good crunchy corners of crumble all to yourselves.
- The best crumble topping. The apples get soft and tender, but the star of the show is the crumble on top. It’s made with rolled oats, brown sugar, and plenty of cinnamon — a total crowd pleaser, and so crave-worthy.
- A lazy apple pie. Homemade Apple Pie takes much more effort to prepare since you have to also prepare the pie dough. These individual apple crisp has all the same flavors of apple pie, but with much less effort.
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT
To make these easy and delicious individual apple crisp, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- apples – I used Gala apples, but any kind of apples work.
- sugar – you need granulated sugar for the filling and brown sugar for the topping. You can also use brown sugar in both parts if you prefer.
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- old fashioned rolled oats
- vanilla ice cream – vanilla ice cream is optional (but highly recommended!), for serving.
You will also need measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and 6 oz. ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish).
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST INDIVIDUAL APPLE CRISP
- Prep. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 5 to 6 small 6-oz. ramekins (or 1 regular size 9-inch pie dish) with non-stick baking spray.
- Make the apple filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine. Divide apple mixture evenly between the ramekins (or pour into single pie dish).
- Make the oat topping. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in melted butter, and stir with a spatula until a crumbly mixture forms. Cover as much of the apples as you’d like with the topping.
- Bake and serve. Bake for 40-45 minutes. The apples should be tender and crumb topping should be crisp and golden-brown. Top the warm apple crisps with your favourite flavour of ice cream (mine is vanilla ice cream) and grab the largest spoon you can find. Can’t wait to make these again… and again!
RECIPE TIPS AND TRICKS
- How to serve: Top individual apple crisp with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream, a drizzle of Salted Caramel, and/or Candied Pecans.
- How to store: Apple crisp is best served fresh. If you have any leftovers, store them in the ramekins, covered tightly in plastic cling wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- How to reheat: Reheat in the same ramekins in a 350F preheated oven for 10-20 minutes until warmed through, or air fryer for 5-10 minutes.