Ever wanted to try the Six Sisters Instant Pot Apple Crisp recipe? Crunchy, soft and filled with a beautifully spiced sweetness — this Instant Pot Apple Crisp is sure to become a family favorite! Plus, it’s all cooked up in a single pot and made with wholesome ingredients. What’s there not to love?
Warm Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe
I took my favorite apple crisp recipe, poured caramel ice cream topping all over it and the end product was a match made in heaven! You’ll have to try it for yourself!
PREP TIME20 MINS
COOK TIME50 MINS
TOTAL TIME1 HR 10 MINS
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups light brown sugar packed
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup butter cold and cut into pieces
- 8 cups thinly sliced apples
- 16 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup apple juice divided
- additional cinnamon to sprinkle on apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking pan using nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle apples with a light dusting of cinnamon.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Once mixed together, cut in the cold butter. Press half of the oat mixture into your greased pan.
- Top with half of the sliced apples and half of the jar of caramel.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the remaining oats on top.
- Repeat layers, layering the remaining apples, remaining caramel sauce, and remaining oats. Pour 1/2 cup of the apple juice all over the crisp.
- Place pan in the oven and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Pull the pan out, pour the remaining apple juice over the top, and stick back in the oven for 15-20 minutes (you will want to make sure that your apples are done- the thinner you cut them, they quicker they will bake).
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
- This is amazing with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce on top!
Calories: 542 kcal · Carbohydrates: 96 g · Protein: 6 g · Fat: 17 g · Saturated Fat: 10 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 41 mg · Sodium: 278 mg · Potassium: 280 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 38 g · Vitamin A: 553 IU · Vitamin C: 4 mg · Calcium: 71 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Instant Pot Disney Caramel Apple Pie
Instant Pot Disney Caramel Apple Pie–a fall favorite! You’ll love the sugar cookie dough crust with apple pie filling, salted caramel sauce and crumble topping. Don’t forget a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Instant Pot Disney Caramel Apple Pie
If you’re a fan of Disney World and its food you might know of the granny smith apple pie in Disney World at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The Cafe is known for hearty Western fare with “all-you-care-to-enjoy skillets and shenanigans!” If you’re anxious to eat the apple pie but won’t be traveling to Florida anytime soon you can now make it at home…in your Instant Pot!
This dessert has three amazing layers. First is starts with a sugar cookie dough crust. I had to force myself to stop eating the dough because it was so good! Next there is a layer of cinnamon sugar apples with caramel drizzled over the top. Finally there is a crumble/crisp topping that reminds me a lot of apple crisp.
Even though it has three layers it comes together more quickly than you think. It might just be the perfect dessert for your holiday feast. (Greg LOVED this dessert so much and requests it often.)
Ingredients For Apple Pie
Dough for crust:
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 5 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (you can substitute lemon juice)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 medium apples (like granny smith, gala, honeycrisp or braeburn)
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 tsp apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- Vanilla ice cream of whipped cream
- Make the dough: In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Then stir in the salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and flour.
- Press into pan: Spray a 7 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. You can also line the pan with parchment paper. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan (about an inch).
- Prepare apple filling: Peel and slice the apples. In a medium bowl toss the apples together with the sugar, flour and apple pie spice. Add the apples into the prepared pan.
- Pressure cook: Place a paper towel over the top of the pan and secure it into place with foil. This will help prevent condensation from dripping. Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of Instant Pot. Place the pan on top of a trivet/sling with handles and lower into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 22 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Carefully remove the pan from the Instant Pot.
- Make the topping: In a medium bowl add the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, vanilla and softened butter. Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the mixture until it is crumbly. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the apples. You may want to save some for drizzling over the top of the pie later. Sprinkle the crumble topping on top of the apples.
- Bake in oven or use air fryer lid: If you have an air fryer lid dump out water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and dry out the pot. Then lower the apple pan into the Instant Pot. Cover with the air fryer lid and set to BAKE (not air fry) at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. If you only can air fry watch and make sure it doesn’t burn…cook for less time. You can also bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-20 minutes or until topping is browned and crispy.
- Serve: Let cool and serve like a pie or dig in with a spoon and serve like apple crisp. Vanilla ice cream is a must!
- Can you make this pie ahead of time? This pie is best when it is warm and fresh with vanilla ice cream. You can make several hours ahead of time and let it cool but I wouldn’t make it more than a day ahead. It may get soggy if you try to freeze it.
Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie Recipe
Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie is a fall staple this holiday season. You will love the sugar cookie bottom, apple filling with cinnamon spices, a delicous crunchy topping and then coated with caramel.
You will love the sugar cookie bottom, apple filling with cinnamon spices, a delicous crunchy topping and then coated with caramel.
It would be perfect for your Thanksgiving and holiday dinner dessert. And the best part is that it’s so very easy to make.
The best part about this Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie is the secret ingredient crust. It’s cookie dough!
HOW TO MAKE DISNEY’S APPLE CARAMEL PIE:
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10 inch springform pan or a pan similar to that size with an edge.
Step 2: Mix the cookie dough and flour in a bowl until combined well.
Step 3:Press into the bottom of the pan and go up the side of the pan about 3/4 inch. Make sure it’s completely covered with no holes.
Step 4: In a mixing bowl toss the apples with sugar, flour, and apple pie spice and then turn into the prepared crust and carefully spread out evenly. Drizzle 3/4 cup caramel topping over the apple mixture.
Step 5: Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 45 minutes.
Step 6: While the pie is baking, combine flour, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and apple pie spice.
Step 7: Cut in the butter mixture and mix until if forms a wet crumb mixture.
Step 8: Remove pie from oven and take off the foil. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the warm pie.
Step 9: Bake in the oven and do not cover.
Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
Step 10: Allow the pie to cool and then remove springform pan sides. When ready to serve slice the pie and then drizzle with additional caramel topping.
DON’T HAVE A SPRING FORM PAN?
Not to worry. You could also make mini pies in a muffin tin. Lightly spray your muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
Follow the recipe as directed but change the cooking time. You will want to cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges begin to golden. Watch carefully to be sure you don’t overcook.
Can you make this pie ahead of time?
We don’t recommend cooking it ahead of time. You can however, prepare it, but we it tastes best when it comes out warm and fresh.
We also don’t recommend freezing and thawing it. The juices get the crust and topping a little soggy, and it doesn’t reheat the same.
Could I use apple pie filling instead of fresh apples?
You most definitely could. They will have a little more juice to them, so you will want to add about 7 extra minutes to the baking time.
Easy Apple Crisp
This Easy Apple Crisp is a fall comfort food classic for a reason. The warm baked apples and crisp, buttery topping are perfection. Add a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce for an extra special treat.
Making this recipe costs right around $5.00! For $5.38, you can make six servings, which is only $0.90 per serving.
This recipe will take you back to your Grandma’s kitchen table. The smell alone that fills your kitchen as it is baking is heavenly. Fresh juicy apples are baked until tender, covered in a crispy oat topping. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream, and it will give you all the Fall season feels.
The best part about this recipe is just how easy it is to make! We take an old-fashioned recipe and simplify it so you can prep it in just ten minutes. It really is the perfect homestyle comfort food on a crisp Fall day.
Apple Crisp is perfect for movie nights at home, dessert for company, or just because you are craving that golden brown buttery topping over the tangy cinnamon and nutmeg-infused apples.
INGREDIENTS AND COST
RECIPE COST: $5.38
PRICE PER SERVING: $0.90
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples – $3.36
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats – $0.22
- ¾ cup light brown sugar – $0.36
- ½ cup all-purpose flour – $0.10
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice – $0.54
- ½ cup unsalted butter – $0.80
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a square baking dish.
- Next, slice the apples and place them in the baking dish.
- Make the topping and spoon it over the apples.
- Finally, bake for 25-30 minutes and serve warm with ice cream and caramel sauce (both optional).
RECIPE VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- If you don’t have apple pie spice, you can use 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and ¾ teaspoon nutmeg.
- Sometimes we add ½ cup of chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans to the topping to add a nice nutty flavor to the topping.
- You can serve this with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, butterscotch sauce, or whipped cream.
- We prefer using Granny Smith apples in this recipe, but you can use Goldn Delicious, Fuji, or any other firm apple as well.
STORAGE AND REHEATING TIPS
Serve: Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream, caramel sauce, and whipped topping. After about two hours, you will need to store the apple crisp in the refrigerator.
Store: Cover and store the apple crisp in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freeze: Once cooled, cover with two layers of plastic wrap and foil and freeze for 1-2 months.
Defrost: Defrost at room temperature for 3-5 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Reheat: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and heat for 10-25 minutes or until heated through.
- 8×8 baking dish
- apple peeler corer
- measuring cups
- medium mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
Is apple crisp the same as apple crumble?
The two dishes are very similar. Both have a layer of fruit followed by a streusel-like topping that is then baked. However, apple crisp has an oat topping, while a crumble does not use oats.
What are the best apples to use in apple crisp?
We prefer to use Granny Smith Apples for this recipe because they are firm, crisp, and bake well. However, you can also use other varieties. Golden Delicious and Fuji are two examples of apples that would also work well in this recipe.
Why is my apple crisp topping not crispy?
It’s all about the butter! Do not skimp on the butter, as that is what makes the topping crispy while baking. If you notice some dry spots while baking, add a bit of butter to those spots one tablespoon at a time.