As promised! Fresh from the Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad is a delicious dessert recipe from Kraft. This Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad looks amazing. I don’t know about you, but I love, love, LOVE cake and chocolate. So this is my kind of dessert combo. The only thing better than a creamy cheesecake with fresh strawberries is doing all the work and just eating it at the end.
STRAWBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE SALAD
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad is an easy, creamy fruit dessert that can be made in minutes. It pairs perfectly with a main meal or tastes delicious as a light dessert.
This Banana Strawberry Cheesecake Salad recipe is a quick and easy, healthy cool treat you can serve as a side dish or save for later as a light dessert. It takes 15 minutes to make a rich and creamy cheesecake filling and fold in your favorite fresh fruit – no cooking or baking needed!
NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE SALAD
Our creamy Strawberry Banana Fruit Salad is an easy, no-bake classic recipe that quickly combines a smooth and silky base with an abundance of juicy sliced strawberries and sweet bananas in only 15 minutes.
Instead of using instant cheesecake pudding mix to create the cheesecake flavor, this banana strawberry dessert uses cream cheese, yogurt, whipped topping, and vanilla to make its velvety cheesecake mixture.
This strawberry banana salad is the perfect combination of my favorite creamy cheesecake filling flavors mixed with the freshest berries and ripe bananas that make the most delicious fruit dessert.
A strawberry and banana salad is a healthier way to cure your cheesecake cravings because both fruits are loaded with essential nutrients, fiber, and vitamins, and cream cheese and yogurt are packed with protein and calcium.
WHY WE LOVE THIS STRAWBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE SALAD RECIPE
- Quick and easy to make in one bowl.
- Uses simple ingredients that you can customize with your favorite fruits.
- Healthy, naturally gluten-free recipe that’s full of vitamins and essential nutrients.
- Tasty twist on a traditional banana and strawberry salad.
- Ultimate summer side dish or delicious light dessert.
- Perfect to eat alongside other savory sides at picnics, backyard barbecues, warm weather parties, and potlucks.
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Strawberry banana yogurt
- Whipped topping or cool whip
- Fresh strawberries
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- Swap Your Yogurt: You can substitute either strawberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt in this strawberry banana recipe.
- Fill With Fresh Fruit: Feel free to add other fresh berries to the strawberry and banana dessert, such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches, pineapple, and even grapes. It is a very adaptable salad.
- Swap The Sweetener: Honey, agave, and maple syrup are good alternatives to refined sugar.
- Add Ins: For more of a dessert-like treat than a side salad, you can include chopped nuts, chocolate chips, miniature marshmallows, crushed cookies, or graham crackers in your banana and strawberry dessert.
- Large mixing bowl
- Handheld mixer
- Wooden Spoon
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE SALAD
- Make The Cheesecake Mixture: Beat the cream cheese for 1 – 1 ½ minutes, until smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla, beat for 1 ½ – 2 minutes, and fold in the yogurt and whipped topping.
- Chill: Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve: Just before serving, fold in the strawberries and bananas and garnish with reserved fruit. Enjoy!
TIPS FROM OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER
- You can allow the cream cheese mixture to chill in the refrigerator overnight before adding the fresh fruit.
- You can squeeze fresh lemon juice over the sliced bananas to prevent them from browning. It will also add a little brightness and tang to your salad.
- Make sure your strawberries are completely dry before adding them into your salad. Excess water will thin out the creamy cheesecake mixture.
- Ripe bananas give the best texture and sweetest flavor.
- To Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (Just be aware that the longer the salad is in the refrigerator the bananas may brown slightly.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I MAKE MY CHEESECAKE SALAD IN ADVANCE?
Yes, you can make this fruit salad ahead of time. However, I recommend making the cheesecake mixture in advance but leaving out the strawberries and bananas when refrigerating it.
Stir in the fruit just before serving to maintain the cheesecake texture.
CAN I FREEZE THIS SALAD?
No, this salad should not be frozen! If you freeze this salad, you will end up with a melted, watery mess when it thaws.
CAN I MAKE A HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM FOR THIS RECIPE?
You can absolutely make a homemade whipped cream for your fruit salad.
A simple way to may your own is by beating cold heavy cream with powdered sugar for 2-3 minutes.
Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad
This easy recipe will only take you a few minutes to prepare and can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner. The salad is loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables, and the creamy cheesecake dressing adds a touch of decadence. So why not give it a try?
There’s nothing quite like a good salad to fill you up and satisfy your cravings. This strawberry banana cheesecake salad is sure to do just that, with its layers of fresh fruit, creamy cheesecake filling, and light whipped topping. Best of all, it’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
What is strawberry banana cheesecake salad?
So what is in this delicious salad? To start, there are layers of sliced strawberries and bananas. Then comes the cheesecake filling, made with cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and whipped cream. Finally, the salad is topped off with a layer of cool whip.
This salad is perfect for a summer picnic or potluck, or as a light dessert after a big meal. It’s also great for serving a large crowd. If you’re looking for something different and delicious, be sure to try this strawberry banana cheesecake salad!
Why you’ll love this cheesecake salad
This strawberry banana cheesecake salad is the perfect dessert for summer! It’s light and refreshing, and it’s a great way to use up any leftover fruit you have. Plus, it’s easy to make and it’s a great alternative to traditional cheesecake.
Ingredients for strawberry banana cheesecake salad
- Cream cheese softened
- Vanilla yogurt
- Cool whip, Thawed
- Cheesecake flavor instant pudding or pie filling mix
- Miniature marshmallows
- Strawberries, sliced
- Bananas, sliced
- Raspberries (optional)
How to make strawberry banana cheesecake salad
Step 1. Grab a large bowl and stir in the Cream Cheese, Yogurt, Cheesecake Flavor Pudding, and Cool Whip. Mix for 1 minute to make sure everything is fully combined.
Step 2. Stir in your marshmallows, I recommend miniature marshmallows as they are easier to incorporate. They do have different flavors to choose from if you want to add another layer of flavor to this dish.
Step 3. Toss your sliced strawberries and bananas into the fluffy pudding mixture. Stir well to combine.
Garnish with additional fruit for appearance and added flavor.
What fruits goes in Cheesecake Salad?
Any type of fruit works well in this recipe, so feel free to use your favorites. Sometimes I like to use a mix of fresh berries and diced pineapple, but you could also use apples, oranges, or even grapes. Just be sure to avoid anything that will brown or spoil quickly, like bananas.
You can definitely use different fruit in this cheesecake salad. Some great additions would be:
Helpful Tips for Making Cheesecake Salad:
When it comes to cheesecake salad, you want to make sure that the cream cheese is well-chilled before you begin. This will help to ensure that your salad is nice and smooth.
Another key tip is to use a good-quality strawberry jam or preserves. This will add a delicious flavor and sweetness to your salad.
Finally, don’t forget the whipped cream! Adding a layer of whipped cream on top of your salad is a great way to add some extra flavor and richness.
HOW TO USE leftover cheesecake salad
If you have a leftover strawberry banana cheesecake salad, there are a few ways you can use it up. You can eat it as is, of course, but you can also use it in other recipes. One idea is to turn it into a fruit salad cheesecake. Just mix the salad with some whipped cream or Cool Whip and put it in a serving dish.
Another idea is to add it to some pancakes or waffles for a fun breakfast or dessert. You could also incorporate it into a smoothie or milkshake. Whatever you do, enjoy your leftover cheesecake salad!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH cheesecake fruit SALAD?
Cheesecake fruit salad is a great dish to serve with any meal. It’s light and refreshing, and perfect for summertime gatherings. Plus, it’s easy to customize to your liking. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with cheesecake fruit salad:
- Another salad: A simple green or garden salad can be a great accompaniment to cheesecake fruit salad.
- Bread: fresh bread, garlic bread, or even cheesy bread can be a delicious way to soak up all the delicious juices from the salad.
- Dessert: If you’re looking for a sweet treat after your meal, try serving cheesecake fruit salad with some ice cream or cake.