This sweet pepper sauce for chicken recipe is an easy way to spruce up a plain chicken breast. Our chicken breasts are baked to perfection and then topped with a homemade sweet pepper sauce. Just like that, you have a perfectly elegant dinner in under 30 minutes. Can you believe how tasty this sauce is? You won’t believe me until you try it with your own two hands!
Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce
- Level: Easy
- Total: 30 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 chicken breast fillets, flattened to 1/4-inch-thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (15.5 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or more to taste)
- One 4-ounce chunk Parmesan, to shave
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- Put the chicken in a sealable bag for storage. Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and olive oil should all be added to the bag and mixed well. Refrigerate after sealing.
- Applied to the red pepper sauce: Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and incorporate the olive oil in a big skillet. For 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion and garlic begin to soften, add the ingredients to the pan. Red peppers should be added and heated for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, and pepper, and stir until hot (if you like a thicker sauce, add only 1 cup broth; if you prefer a thinner sauce, add 2 cups broth). Pour some cream in.
- Take the skillet from the stove. Transfer the skillet’s contents gingerly to a food processor or blender. Put the cover on and blend the pepper mixture completely (there will still be some texture to the peppers). The sauce can be served immediately or cooled and packaged.
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat, then grill the chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- In a pan, warm the red pepper sauce. Serve a slice of chicken to each person, top with sauce, and add parsley and Parmesan shavings as decoration. Serve alongside roasted vegetables.
Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Mediterranean chicken with roasted red pepper sauce is an easy, one pan meal ready in 30 minutes and full of amazing flavors!
The trend right now at you guys is one-pan dinners. You already know that I enjoy eating, but I firmly believe in the “spoiler hypothesis,” which I invented to explain why food that takes a long time to make or involves too much labor doesn’t taste as nice.
I am certain that a meal that can be prepared in around 30 minutes, give or take, tastes better. What if cleaning only takes 2 minutes because you just needed a blender and one skillet to prepare the meal? ANYWAY, better. Quick, simple, and thrown in the most incredible creamy and delectable roasted red pepper sauce ever, this one-pan Mediterranean chicken is wonderful. I’ll tell you, you’ll make this again and time again.
Why This Recipe Works
Roasted red pepper sauce —This chicken meal is only enhanced by the roasted red pepper sauce.
Simple ingredients —No need to get fancy. Even the roasted red peppers (which are in a jar) can be obtained at your neighborhood grocery store with the chicken I added to it.
One pan — You already know how much I love one-pan meals. But have you ever used one? This dish will persuade you otherwise if you’re still of the opinion that a complete meal prepared with only a few basic kitchen items simply cannot be that nice.
Versatile — Use chicken thighs or breasts, your own blend of seasonings or Italian, over rice or noodles, with or without cheese… You see what I mean!
Here’s How You Make It
- First, prepare the roasted red pepper sauce by blending or processing the red peppers with the oil, garlic, pepper, salt, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. till smooth, pulse.
- Now fill a big skillet with cooking oil or cooking spray. The remaining Italian spice should be added to the chicken breasts before placing them on the skillet that has been oiled. Over medium heat, brown the breasts for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly done. They can be removed from the skillet, placed on a platter, and covered to maintain warmth.
- Once heated through, add the red pepper sauce to the same skillet and stir for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Heavy cream should be added to the sauce and whisked in until creamy and thick.
- Reintroduce the chicken and cover it with the sauce. Serve with feta and basil as a garnish.
How Do You Thicken Red Pepper Sauce?
Now that you’ve processed or blended the sauce in a food processor or blender, added it to the skillet, and mixed in the heavy cream, the sauce still doesn’t seem to be thick enough to your liking. Now what?
To the sauce, you can add a little cornstarch. It’s my (not so) secret tool for making nearly any sauce thicker. Add 1 tablespoon at a time, whisk continuously over high heat, and let sauce thicken to desired consistency.
What Do You Do With Red Pepper Spread?
In addition to adding the red pepper blend to heavy cream for a sauce, you can use it in a hummus recipe, stir it into Greek yogurt for a yummy dip for veggies, spread it on sandwiches or wraps, or use it as a dip for quesadillas or even pizza! Go berserk!
Is Red Pepper Healthy?
A very healthy food is red peppers. In actuality, bell peppers of all hues are beneficial. They are rich in minerals like potassium, iron, and folate as well as vitamins like A and C. In addition, peppers are a fantastic source of fiber, which can make fiber-rich foods make you feel fuller for longer. Additionally beneficial to the digestive system is fiber.
Can You Freeze Pepper Sauce?
When making a large batch of red pepper sauce to freeze, let it warm up to room temperature first. After that, place the sauce in freezer-safe containers with secure lids, label them, and store for up to a year. When you reheat it, you can stir it back together because it will separate as it thaws.
- Peppers don’t need to be roasted yourself (but you may if you like!). Most grocery stores sell roasted red peppers in jars next to the olives.
- Before slicing the canned roasted red peppers and adding them to the blender or food processor for the sauce, drain the oil from the peppers.
- Over white or brown rice, this Mediterranean chicken recipe is delicious. Additionally, I’ll put it over broad egg noodles or another type of pasta you like. A piece of chicken should be placed on top of the pasta or rice in a bowl before adding the sauce, feta, and basil. Delish!
Skillet Chicken with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
It’s very simple, quick, and fresh to combine or process the sauce before pouring it over the chicken that has been seared! The family will adore this in the future! 30 minutes, one skillet supper!
- Course: Dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 253 kcal
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers – drained
- 3 cloves large garlic – rough chopped the blender will do the rest of the work
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream half and half in a pinch but beware it can curdle if heated to fast and allowed to simmer to hot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta – 1/4 cup for sauce and 1/4 cup for topping
- Additional fresh basil to garnish optional
- Blender ingredients: 1/4 cup feta cheese, 1/4 cup chicken stock, 1/4 cup cream, garlic, basil, and drained roasted red peppers.
- Blend until smooth for roughly 30 seconds.
- Add a touch of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- For seasoning, taste.
- In a big skillet, warm the olive oil.
- About three minutes should be spent on each side to lightly brown the chicken (will not be fully cooked but will continue to cook in sauce).
- When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165, pour the sauce from the blender over the seared chicken and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- A few minutes before the chicken is finished cooking, add the cherry tomatoes if using.
- Add more feta, goat cheese, or parmesan cheese on top!
- Serve with fresh steamed broccoli, pasta, toast, salad, or other sides.
Sweet Pepper Sauce For Chicken
Quick and simple chicken stir-fry with small sweet peppers in a savory and sweet sauce made with Thai sweet chili sauce and oyster sauce is called Sweet Pepper Chicken. Such a treat!
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 8 oz. (226 g) mini sweet peppers
- 12 oz. (340 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- The small sweet peppers’ top portion should be cut off. To get the peppers’ seeds out, cut them lengthwise into halves. wedges should be cut. Place aside.
- Stir to thoroughly combine all the Sauce components. Place aside.
- Put some salt and freshly ground black pepper on the chicken. 1 tablespoon of the oil is added to a wok or skillet that has been heated over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry until the chicken is lightly browned on both sides. Remove and reserve the dish.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan or skillet. Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant after adding it. For about 10 seconds, continuously mix and throw in the small sweet peppers. Stir the sauce into the small sweet peppers in the wok or skillet after adding it. Reintroduce the chicken to the wok and give it a few more stirs to combine. As soon as the heat is turned off, serve.