Vitamix Peanut butter is delicious, but let’s face it, it can get boring after a while. It doesn’t matter how many different ways you put it on bread or toast. But there is a new way to enjoy peanut butter, and that is in the form of the Vitamix Peanut Butter recipe! It’s easy to make and taste amazing. With this recipe you’ll be able to enjoy your peanut butter any time of day, not just while making your usual morning sandwich.
VITAMIX PEANUT BUTTER
This Vitamix Peanut Butter is smooth, creamy, and so easy! It is made in just a couple minutes and requires only one ingredient: peanuts. This homemade peanut butter is easy, healthy, versatile and delicious!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Who doesn’t love peanut butter?
- It is smooth, creamy, and delicious.
- This Vitamix peanut butter takes less than 2 minutes to make.
- This recipes for homemade peanut butter is simple and straightforward.
- Only one ingredient is needed.
- It tastes way better and more fresh than store bought.
- This peanut butter is so versatile.
- Use it with apples, bananas, by the spoonful, or in this Healthy Snickers Smoothie!
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Vegan, and sugar free.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Dry roasted salted peanuts work best for this homemade peanut butter. Roasted peanuts tend to release their oils more naturally and quickly, which aids in the processing of making peanut butter.
If desired, use unsalted peanuts. Then, you can decide if you want to add in a certain type of salt to your Vitamix or leave it out altogether.
WHICH VITAMIX MODEL TO USE
Since Vitamix blenders are incredibly powerful, all models work well!
I used my Vitamix E310 which is a more inexpensive option. The peanut butter was smooth and creamy in less than 2 minutes!
If using another brand of blender or food processor, this process could take up to 10 minutes. I highly recommend using a Vitamix if you own one!
HOW TO MAKE
First, add peanuts to Vitamix blender.
Secure lid and blend on medium until smooth and creamy. This is what it looks like after about 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Once completely smooth, pour into a jar with lid or airtight container.
EXPERT TIPS & TRICKS
Roasted peanuts are easier to blend than raw peanuts. I suggest using roasted!
Use the tamper accessory that comes with the Vitamix. Push down peanuts closer to the blade to speed up blending.
If your Vitamix has started to heat up, simply turn it off and let it rest for a minute. Then, continue blending.
VARIATIONS & ADD INS
Here are some great ideas to add in to the peanut butter. Add these ingredients to Vitamix with peanuts before blending.
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- ground ginger
- chia seeds
- coconut sugar
- cocoa powder
Add these ingredients in very small amounts to start. Then, adjust to suit your taste. Check out this Coconut Peanut Butter too!
Pair it with this Sugar Free Jelly with Raspberries and some Paleo bread!
HOW TO CLEAN VITAMIX AFTER MAKING PEANUT BUTTER
One of the best things about a Vitamix is how easy it is to clean!
After making peanut butter and scraping the blender clean with a spoon or rubber spatula, add 1 cup of water and a squirt of dish soap to Vitamix. Place cover on top. Mix on low medium speed until clean.
I usually give it another rinse to ensure blender is completely clean.
HOW TO SERVE & STORE
Serve peanut butter immediately or store in a glass jar with lid.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 month. If natural oil separation occurs, stir before using.
This Vitamix peanut butter can be refrigerated, but it will firm up.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the best blender to make peanut butter?
The best blender to make peanut butter is a Vitamix! They are high speed, powerful machines.
Can I grind nuts in a Vitamix?
Yes! The Vitamix can easily grind nuts.
How do you clean the Vitamix?
Add a cup of water and a squirt of dish soap. Add lid on top. Blend until clean.
Can I add salt?
Sure! Either use salted peanuts or add in salt to unsalted peanuts before blending.
Which peanuts should I use?
I used dry roasted salted peanuts and it came out great. I highly recommend using roasted peanuts as opposed to raw peanuts.
What are the ingredients for peanut butter?
This peanut butter is made from only salted peanuts.
HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER – VITAMIX
Homemade peanut butter has never been easier than this 1 ingredient recipe! You guessed it! PEANUTS!
I’m a long time lover of enjoying peanut butter for breakfast in some way. From smoothies, to cookies to a plain ole peanut butter sandwich, you really can’t go wrong with a healthy dose of protein packed peanut butter.
Now unless you’re buying natural “just peanuts” peanut butter, there’s often added sugar and oil in store bought peanut butter.
So if you’re trying to avoid oil and refined sugar, this peanut butter recipe is for you. Plus, it’s so simple to make and comes together in a literal 2 minutes!
Can you even beat that??
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER IN YOUR VITAMIX
Peanut butter with just peanuts is as simple as adding peanuts to your blender. I like to use anywhere between two and four cups per batch.
You’ll need a minimum of two cups to have enough volume for your machine to catch and blend nicely. (At least, in my experience.) More than four cups I find a bit difficult to get an even consistency, even when using the tamper.
So the sweet spot is anywhere between two and four cups here.
So start by measuring out your peanuts.
Add them to your Vitamix with the optional salt, if using and start blending on high speed.
The peanuts will quickly break down into a crumbly texture, and start clumping together.
About a minute of processing will turn your nuts into creamy, smooth nut butter.
Now, if you don’t have a Vitamix, you can still make creamy, delicious peanut butter in a food processor. It will take a little longer to break down from peanuts to butter, but it will!
If using a food processor, take breaks during the blending process to prevent over heating of your machine. Scrape down the sides as needed, and pause every 30-60 seconds for at least 30 seconds and continue. Keep repeating this process until you get smooth peanut butter.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
Transfer your peanut butter to a clean, glass jar or container and you may store at room temperature for every day use for up to two weeks.
I bet it would last longer than that too, but I haven’t been able to keep mine longer than that to test it!
Alternatively, store in the refrigerator for even longer, although the spread may slightly harden, without affecting the flavour.
WHY MAKE PEANUT BUTTER FROM SCRATCH?
You just can’t beat natural homemade nut butters. PERIOD. There is NO oil, NO sugar, and NO artificial ANYTHING in this delicious peanut butter recipe. There’s only ONE ingredient required, JUST peanuts! (Plus the optional salt if you wanted salted peanut butter).
This deliciously creamy, smooth, velvety, rich, luscious peanut butter is a must try!
Plus, it’s super simple to make and comes together in only 2 minutes! You can’t even buy peanut butter that quickly.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER IN A VITAMIX
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER IN A VITAMIX
How to Make Peanut Butter in a Vitamix – Creamy peanut butter with vanilla and honey. Simple to make in minutes using a blender.
- 4 cups roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Salt (to taste)
- In the jar of your Vitamix, add the peanuts.
- Cover and start your blender on low. Increase the speed as the peanuts are processed.
- If needed, use the tamper to break up the peanut butter.
- Once the peanuts are blended, remove the cover and add honey, vanilla, and salt to taste.
- Blend until it reaches your desired consistency. If you want the peanut butter to be really smooth, add a small amount of unrefined, cold pressed peanut oil.
VITAMIX PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER VITAMIX? THE RECIPE AND TIPS
Making fresh homemade peanut butter at home is simple to do with the help of a high powered blender – we use a Vitamix. I use dry roasted peanuts and a little sea salt for flavor. That’s it. I don’t add any oils, and since I’m only using peanuts and sea salt, there’s no added preservatives. Of course, you can always use roasted, salted peanuts if you’d like to reduce the ingredients down to one. The Mister and I prefer to control the amount of salt in our foods which is why we add salt to items instead of buying salted foods.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE VITAMIX PEANUT BUTTER ?
Vitamix peanut butter takes only a minute or so to do. Really. All you do is add peanuts to the Vitamix blender container, put on the lid, turn it on and tamp the nuts with your handy tamping tool. Empty the peanut butter into an airtight container and that’s it. Done. The taste is out of this world, too.
I make small batches of peanut butter as needed in our kitchen, using our 32 oz. wet pitcher. For a larger batch, I recommend using the 64 oz. wet pitcher instead, and increasing the peanuts to 3 cups.
Peanut butter with fresh homemade Vitamix.
Makes enough to fill an 8-10 ounce jar.
I have told you about Vitamix peanut butter recipe on this page. You can check other similar recipes on Recipes Lover. Keep following us!
Peanut Butter Vitamix Recipe
to make Vitamix peanut butter, so using Vitamix as blender will make the job much easier.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Keyword: Dips and Spreads
- 2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Place the peanuts in a 32 oz. pitcher, add sea salt if desired, and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and turn on the machine. Slowly increase the speed to Variable 10 on the dial, and then select HIGH. Use the tamper to press the peanuts down toward the blades. Blend for one minute or until the sound of the motor changes. Go ahead and stop the machine at this point. Caution: Over blending may overheat your machine.
- Remove the tamper and lid. Empty the peanut butter into an airtight container.
2-Minute Vitamix Peanut Butter
yield: MAKES APPROX. 2 CUPS
prep time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 2 MINUTES
This delicious dairy free, gluten free, vegan homemade Vitamix peanut butter takes just two minutes to make in the Vitamix or another high speed blender. Amp it up with flavor add ins or keep it tasty and simple!
- 2 cups dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
OPTIONAL FLAVOR ADD-INS
- 1 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup (add in once peanut butter is smooth in the blender, then give it a very quick whirl to combine the sweetener. If you over blend the sweetener in the peanut butter it will thicken the texture of the peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (stir in after to create a “crunchy” version rather than smooth)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add according to preferred taste)
- 1/4 cup seed mix (chia, pumpkin, hemp, sesame, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Add peanuts to Vitamix canister.
- Start at 1-2 speed then increase to 6-7 for 30 seconds or so.
- Use the tamper accessory to push the peanuts down into the middle where the blade is as they get pushed up the sides of the blender.
- Increase the speed to 8-10 and continue using the tamper to push the peanuts down until the butter begins to form.
- Lower speed to around 5 and let the blade rotate through the butter until completely smooth.
- Add in any additional ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds to incorporate (or remove from blender canister and manually stir in additional ingredients)
Store peanut butter in refrigerator for up to 6 months.